• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flg 3701 Audio Tape

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I give it less than a week until some duchebag passenger sticks his head in the cockpit on his way onboard the plane and asks us if we're planning on having any fun today. Thanks KSTP.

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
Would it bother you if the surgeon was listening to Megadeth during the surgery?
He11 yea it would. You've seen the affect Dave Mustaine has on people.;)
"Die Dead Enough" ring a bell..........:) :cool::)

Dave

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Those of us who have had the benefit of hand-flying older, under-powered junk in the upper corners of the cruise charts may have recognized the situation they got into, but that is the benefit of having had that experience, and to use the innocent remark of "having fun" against that crew, while understandable from the news media, is unforgiveable from pilots who should know better, and if that shoe stinks, it's probably yours.

I don't think anyone here is trying to use "having fun" against the crew. Go back and re-read the posts. What I and others have said is that the media and the public are going to crucify them for that statement. I don't blame them for saying it, but the public won't be so forgiving.

My only potential problem is why they were even at 410. Just to do it? Just to say you've been there? That's fine, and I can understand it. But you also need to know how much different it's going to be when you are at that altitude.

You said it yourself, Ty. Some people might have anticipated that problem, many would not have. But I say again, just because it CAN go there doesn't mean they SHOULD have necessary. And that is NOT me casting the blame on them. Just saying what the NTSB will end up concluding. Most accidents end up being pilot error anyway, according to the NTSB.

So take your panties out of the knot they are in. We are discussing this in an adult way (as in how to avoid it happening again) and not trashing the dead pilots' memories.

The "having fun" comment has only been discussed from the media end so relax, Francis. It's gonna be alright.

MJG said:
Well I give it less than a week until some duchebag passenger sticks his head in the cockpit on his way onboard the plane and asks us if we're planning on having any fun today. Thanks KSTP.
Well there's some insight most don't have. BTW, if it were not for those "duchebag" passengers, the crew, and everyone else at Pinnacle would not have a job. The passengers (customers) are who pays everyone’s paycheck, whether it's at Pinnacle, NWA, or Macy's department store. Try running any business without customers, and you'll soon discover that they are the only reason for an employer to hire you or anyone else.

And yes, "Thanks, KSTP", I want to know what's going on around me, be it reporting of accidents, bad doctors, fraud at Enron or WorldCom, and serial rapists in a neighborhood. Don't take it out on the media. They did not cause this crash; they reported on it. If you can't handle it, I suggest you bury your head in the sand like an ostrich. Then you can stay "happy"

flyhard said:
The fact remains that these guys died doing what they loved. "Having fun" enjoying their job. Not doing anything dangerous.
Excuse me???? They did at least one thing that was dangerous - so dangerous that it KILLED THEM! And what they did would have killed everyone on board had they tried it with paying passengers in back. That's not fun - or funny!

But I guess we have to let the NTSB sort all that out, don't we? And when that report comes out and says what more than a few people have been saying about the causes of this accident since the night it happened we'll all be able to say exactly the same things we've been saying because the NTSB published it, right?

While I agree that the media never seems to get it right where aviation stories are concerned, it seems to me to be equally obvious that pilots never get it right when they refuse to learn from obvious mistakes made aboard an accident aircraft prior to the event. Those things are here. They have been spelled out by people who are familiar with the aircraft and its handling characteristics. Their thoughts have been suppported with the thoughts of others well versed in the rigors of high-altitude flight.

It's time to remove heads from the sand beneath your feet guys.

capt. megadeth said:
Would it bother you if the surgeon was listening to Megadeth during the surgery?

Not as long as it was in his/her general ops manual as an approved listening device during surgery.:)

Jarhead,

No offense meant to you but since you've never flown these "paying customers" for a living, you simply will never understand where I and many others here, venting against the media are coming from.

We are the ones who have to put up with these ignorant, uninformed and just childish comments from these smart-*sses who think that just because they have a boarding pass in their hands they're automatically an aviation expert.

The media, like others have stated, will latch onto this "having fun" statement and run with it. They will make news out of something that by itself, is clearly not news. That's the problem these days. The media no longer reports on the news. They create the news for themselves and run with it from there with no oversight. Even the mighty Dan Rather fell victim to this irresponsible practice.

For heaven's sake, read the transcript that KSTP tried to translate to match the audio. It is full of errors and mistakes. No oversight, no accountability.

Unbelievable.

One time... While taxing, out I was telling the captain about boneing my girfiend on the overnight. Then I realized it might be taken ou of context by my wife. So I made sure, for the CVR really, that the captain understood she was realy just an FA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back