• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex's Response?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greetings all -- I've just read this entire thread and don't know what to make of it -- but here are my facts:

I am recently out of the Navy, 4000 hr P3 instructor pilot with dreams of a major airline job. My first call for an interview was two days ago with Flex -- i was pretty excited, and my interview is next Tues. If I pass that, i can expect a class as pretty quickly. all sounded rosy to me, until i read this thread.

is life at flex really that bad? should I pursue flex at this stage? or hold out for one of my dream options? (WN, CO, FEX, etc) -- still learning this business we love to hate - thanks all...

Definetly hold out for your dream job. Why waste time at a fractional when DAL, NWA or AA is holding your seat.

eeeech

I'm thinking of applying to the navy but really want to hold out for my dream job in the air force. Why should i really have to stop at the navy?

sarcasm at it's best.

Last edited:
P3Steve said:
Greetings all -- I've just read this entire thread and don't know what to make of it -- but here are my facts:

I am recently out of the Navy, 4000 hr P3 instructor pilot with dreams of a major airline job. My first call for an interview was two days ago with Flex -- i was pretty excited, and my interview is next Tues. If I pass that, i can expect a class as pretty quickly. all sounded rosy to me, until i read this thread.

is life at flex really that bad? should I pursue flex at this stage? or hold out for one of my dream options? (WN, CO, FEX, etc) -- still learning this business we love to hate - thanks all...
Well now that mgmt has probably figured out who you are (not too difficult), and heard your true feelings, I am sure they'll provide you the opportunity to "continue to hold" out for one of your dream options. Not sure I can blame them.

Heck, the interview might even be fun with most questions about "holding." "Tell about holding." "How long do you like to hold before it is no longer fun? "How long do you expect to hold?"

miles otoole said:
Well now that mgmt has probably figured out who you are (not too difficult), and heard your true feelings, I am sure they'll provide you the opportunity to "continue to hold" out for one of your dream options. Not sure I can blame them.

Heck, the interview might even be fun with most questions about "holding." "Tell about holding." "How long do you like to hold before it is no longer fun? "How long do you expect to hold?"
We are short of people. They will take him with open arms. oops!

P3Steve said:

Havn't you done any research. If you have the time to apply at your dream job, you have the time to see what CS & nja pay and qol is compared to flex.

Semore Butts said:
Dont know exactly which short female you are referring too.

One Cpt said that Rick was saying the company is talking raise for you guys. (Great, your welcome)

I'm also curious about which short female you're referring to.
And I don't think the 'contract with the owners' existed back then. I was hired in '97, and I was short too.

I hope Flex does come through with a raise for you guys. I enjoyed working at Flex back then, and it was hard to leave. Good people, enjoyable trips, good equipment... And back then, the management team was different. That made a huge difference. All that being said, I am glad I left when I left.

From talking to friends that are still there, I think if the majors ever really start hiring, Flex will really hurt. People remember how they were treated when other options become available.

I'm sure you all know that FedEx is hiring. Do you also know that their corporate flight department flies LR45s and Challengers (601s)? That was my 'in', and also for several others from Flex who followed.
Good luck with the raise, and keep those resumes and updates hot.

Latest resources

Back