FlexPilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnnyride24

I advise all FO's and junior Captains to get there resume out and contact the former pilots who have left to the Airlines or good Corporate ops for Recommendations. Some discouraging news is rumored to be coming. Don't wait until your on the street.....

I advise all FO's and junior Captains to get there resume out and contact the former pilots who have left to the Airlines or good Corporate ops for Recommendations. Some discouraging news is rumored to be coming. Don't wait until your on the street.....

Good luck to all involved! I read this blurb on AINonline and it sounds like the union may be on the way out if Ricci has his way. Are you suggesting furloughs are on the way? GAMA/Wheels Up is hiring as are most airlines... I know that Spirit has hired a bunch of fractional pilots.

See the AIN blurb below:

Flight Options, Flexjet Owner Aims for Single Operation

After filing a grievance, Flight Options pilot union leaders met late last week with representatives of the fractional providers' parent company, Directional Aviation Capital (DAC), and Flexjet, which DAC purchased late last year. DAC plans eventually to consolidate Flight Options and Flexjet into a single Part 91K fractional and Part 135 charter operation, according to DAC principal Kenn Ricci. However, Flight Options' pilots, who are represented by IBT Local 1108, would have to ask the National Mediation Board for one-system declaration. Doing so would also trigger a vote for the union to cover all of the combined companies' pilots, a thorny issue since the Flexjet pilots are non-union and earn between 16 and 24 percent more than their Flight Options peers. Therefore, Ricci doesn't think the union will ask the NMB for one-system declaration until it believes it has enough votes between the two groups to retain the union. Pilots are key to our success, Ricci told AIN. "We're not asking for pay cuts, and we've tried to preserve salaries. Normally, we'd try to delay a single operating system, but we want [it], the sooner the better. But it could be bad for the union, since they might not have enough votes."

Last edited:

What and where are the rumors coming from?

Look, more disinformation from the IBT.

Sorry, no suckers here for your "rumor".

Not sure why I should be concerned for my job, as a Flexjet pilot, based on this article? The article fails to mention that there are two "storefronts" being serviced under one 135 certificate and two separate 91k operators. If this is just another attempt by a 1108 pusher to intimidate us, then he can take the AIN article and shove it. Regardless of where you stand on union or nonunion, the 1108 isn't making a very good case in trying to pursuance us Flexjetters into joining. I, for one, won't be intimidated by them.

Not sure why I should be concerned for my job, as a Flexjet pilot, based on this article? The article fails to mention that there are two "storefronts" being serviced under one 135 certificate and two separate 91k operators. If this is just another attempt by a 1108 pusher to intimidate us, then he can take the AIN article and shove it. Regardless of where you stand on union or nonunion, the 1108 isn't making a very good case in trying to pursuance us Flexjetters into joining. I, for one, won't be intimidated by them.

He's not an Options pilot. From reading his former posts it looks like he has been down talking Flex for the last 5 years. It must be one of your former co workers.

I hope you're right but based on how heated it's getting on the other thread it just appeared that it was more of the same. Regardless, he can still shove it. :)

Im still here.

With that being said everyone at Flex is in for Uncle Kens wild ride.

You know its going to get bad when senior check airmen and Management pilots are trying to leave and the largest cheerleader T-Rex applied to American.

Latest resources

Back