• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you only commute twice a month to your job; thats not too bad. It beats 4-5 times a month to my regional job.

Actually, 3 commutes is more likely. And you don't have reciprocal jumpseat because we never know where we will be going.

How long would be the average upgrade time assuming today's growth rate? Let's say you start as a CL300 FO, how long before you could potentially upgrade to Lear 40/45 Capt?

who knows.....my best guess would be 2 to 3 years...but that all depends on growth, retirement, how many people leave to go fly for the airlines, etc.

FALSE! If you are a third year FO and you upgrade, then you are a Third Year Captain as far as pay goes. Been here over 8 years and

Sky,

That was me. Are you sure about that? I ask because that is not what I was told. I personally would love to be wrong.

CautionsBelly, can you clarify here?

CL300

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure when you upgrade to captain you go down one year on the payscale.

I'm pretty sure when you upgrade to captain you go down one year on the payscale.
No No No I was here when they rosolved this issue years ago.
Year one is theirs after that the clock is runnig. 2yrs- 1st yr ca pay ,3 yrs- 2nd year ca pay, 4yrs-3rd ca pay. so on & so on.

Like I said, you go down one year on the payscale even though it is captain pay.

No No No I was here when they rosolved this issue years ago.
Year one is theirs after that the clock is runnig. 2yrs- 1st yr ca pay ,3 yrs- 2nd year ca pay, 4yrs-3rd ca pay. so on & so on.

I thought that is what I said and thought. Now when you upgrade from Lear to Challenger, I don't believe you drop a year again. You go in at what year pay you are already at. Am I correct in this?

yes you do go down a year in pay when you go over to captain

example
year 3 FO
upgrade to Captain
you get year 2 captain pay

Medical

Anyone know how the Medical coverage is...Say for a family of 4 (deductible, prescriptions, co-pay, etc.)? Thanks for any insight.

Latest resources

Back