flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bayou Bandit

I don't understand why you're so excited about a job that "nobody likes anyway". With that attitude, glad we didn't hire ya.

vixin said:
Those that are should give until the beginning of next year. I think they will be very surprised.

Why will they be very surprised? Do you really think that your company will match or exceed the new Netjets payscale and working conditions thats coming next year? Come on, get real!

gump:p

Who's to say?

I'm sure that there will be some change coming in the next few months, and some of it will be good for some of the F.O.'s.
But for the vast majority, they are still looking at years to upgrade, and an upper management that really doesn't give a Sh^* wether they are happy or not.
You that are with Flex know that managements attitude is we can get pilots, and if you don't like it here we will write you a recommendation.
Now at face value, that may sound pretty noble, what would be noble is delivering on about half of the promises they have made.
I feel life will indeed improve alot eventually if the union comes in or when the pilot market opens up and sucks up all the excess.
But for now? Enjoy the Comfort Inn on your CLC card, and dream of that bonus you didn't get last year, and the cost of living raise you didn't get, and sleep well, for tommorrow is another 14 hour day of a 7 and maybe 4 rotation.
I could go on and on and on. What truly makes Flexjet is the geat "line dogs"s they have out there on the line. You are all great people, don't let them take that away from you.

Gump,

Yes they will match what netjets gets and beat it!! If we are union or not. Both companies have thier problems. It is just a shame that pilots like yourself are so quick to rain on others parades. Whether or not you like flexjet their are those of us that make the best of the situation we are in. But then again I am sure things are perfect at netjets, right? I run into netjets pilots everyday that are unhappy as well as options and our own flexjetters. Like I said before some people would never be happy. Before you tout me as an office puke I am not. I am an FO still waiting to upgrade, however, I have decided to look at the positve at Flex until things get better or I can move on. I figure it is the best for my well being. Have a good one!!

vixin said:
Gump,

It is just a shame that pilots like yourself are so quick to rain on others parades. Whether or not you like flexjet their are those of us that make the best of the situation we are in. But then again I am sure things are perfect at netjets, right? I run into netjets pilots everyday that are unhappy as well as options and our own flexjetters.

HOLD ON PARTNER!!!! I am not raining on anybody's parade. I was just simply asking a question in a slightly sarcastic kind of way. If I offended you, I apologize. Don't be so offensive my aviation compadre. We are still hiring!!!

gump

Same ole same ole Flex mis infomation. You work more days at Flex than any other FRAX, you get paid less, what so had to figure out. 18 plus days a month versus 15 days a month, duh!

Let not talk about all the other stupid BS that comes out of Princeton. Flex is kinda like a lab experiment gone real bad, they just don't know how to end it with out serious legal implications. No one will buy them out, who would want the mess.

Fleet growth, where, LR45, everything else is declining, no Globals nothing but pain and BS for the forseeable future.

I feel for all the good people working the line 7 days on and 3 days off, what a great schedule, it took 3 years and 3 million dollars for Princeton to work out the details on that little jewel for screwing the Flight Crews.

Very poor choice if you looking for employment in the Frax world, go any place but Flex and you WILL BE BETTER OFF!!!

FlexNoMore

Why doesnt flex try to change things for the better?

Whats the problem, is someones "vision" of how it should be getting in the way.

Im not sure if it was a good thing to bacically turn an interview down about 7 months ago, but I did, just because of all the bad publicity.

Oh well. And not wanting to drive to FLL evey 4 days.

Punch out now!

I had a recent tour with a former Flex Lear driver as my F/O. He said
he knows of dozens of Flex drivers that have submitted packets to Netjets.
He also told me that when he was interviewed, that hiring said that we were
giving priority to former frax employees, since they were basically "turn key"
ready when hired. He was thrilled to be at Netjets and said that there was
no comparison as to the pay, quality of life, equipment, and training. Netjets
won....hands down. Those were his words, not mine.
(He will upgrade on the C-650 in less than 12 months after his hire date if he wishes to.)

By the way, to the best of my knowledge, there had NEVER been a Netjets pilot in the history of the company, that has left it to go to Flexjets.

That goes the same for:

Travel Air/Flight Options pilots. A good 200 former Travel Air pilots also want to go to NetJets. Why? The quality of life we enjoyed with Travel Air is gone. 14 hour plus days for 8 days straight is not my idea of "safe" or fun flying. Going to a hotel, being called out 15 minutes later, so much for rest. I could go on and on.

It is great to see that NetJets have pulled us out of the stack as we love this type of flying, it just isn't fun anymore once we merged with FO. For those of us fortunate enough to get hired at NetJets, we are happy again. Life is good at NetJets. We are here to stay.

Heard recently that for the first time in modern history NJA has hired Ultra captains right off the street. Word is that one of these folks was a FlexJet lear 60 captain.

I sure do hate that others are having a rough time, especially Flex guys.

Good news is that (if the projected 3000 pilot number is still good)there is room here at NJA for all who want to come over, it's just going to take some time!

Best of luck to all who apply.

Toploader

Latest resources

Back