• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The out of seniority aircraft assignment should be enough but it seems there's always a way to rationalize bad behavior.

The CL-350 is an extension of the CL-300 and should be covered under that 'iron clad' agreement we got prior to the start of the debacle.
Starting a couple of months ago, every CL-300 crew member going to recurrent training (short and long) took their check ride in a CL350 sim and is now qualified on the aircraft. This is not a situation where there aren't any pilots at FJ current/qualified on the airplane as would be the case if this were a new aircraft type.

I know that FOs not being able to move between fleets is a huge issue, but the dedicated crew program is not the way to finally get out of the LR45.
Good post!

V1, why not stick with the masses and help kill the DC program. You're giving up and giving in before we have a chance to fight.

You're smart enough to see what's going on. You're smart enough to see that DC will turn flex into a terrible career job.

Great post CL, I really like the misfit toy reference, it even fits the season.
I'm not ready to give up on an in-house union. I don't believe the IBT, or any other national organization, will look out for our interests as well as we can. The IBT is the expedient route but I believe will be problematic in the short and near term while funding and experience are the immediate problems going it alone. Either way, it won't be an easy transition.

Not true. Local 1108 is run by the pilots who belong to the local; governed and funded by ourselves. Airline Division or National only steps in if they see that the local is in dire straits. Your Teamsters Local is and WILL CONTINUE TO BE run by you and the rest of the membership of the Local. Essentially, the 1108 is an in-house with the full support and the strength of the Teamsters standing behind it, ready to kick ass when necessary (as they did when 60 something pilots were fired illegally from FLOPS)

as they did when 60 something pilots were fired illegally from FLOPS)
Bill_Lumbergh

75 Fired. wasn't illegal we were "At will employees" no need to have a reason to fire someone and they exercised that right. KR was right there pulling Sheeringas puppet strings and then after it was all said and done. He fired Sheeringa stepped out from behind the curtain and negotiated with the union to bring all 75 back looking like a hero...That could not happen today with our work rules locked in to a legally binding CBA and backed up with the money the national has to fight KR if he did pull something like that again. another reason we need nationals backing DEEP DEEP POCKETS!!!

Last edited:
75 Fired. wasn't illegal

Shanes, I agree with the rest of your post. It is very good and very true. Not this, however. It was illegal, otherwise those 75 would not be back at FLOPS. Uncle Kenn and the Ricci-ites thought they could get away with it. It was the power of the Teamsters to shut him down over this illegal action that forced him to reconsider his and his minions' decision. They were brought back and FLOPS continues to exist.

The question is: If the Teamsters were not there, as at will employees, where would these 75 be now? On the street. No doubt about it.

Shanes, I agree with the rest of your post. It is very good and very true. Not this, however. It was illegal, otherwise those 75 would not be back at FLOPS. Uncle Kenn and the Ricci-ites thought they could get away with it. It was the power of the Teamsters to shut him down over this illegal action that forced him to reconsider his and his minions' decision. They were brought back and FLOPS continues to exist.

The question is: If the Teamsters were not there, as at will employees, where would these 75 be now? On the street. No doubt about it.

Your full of crap. It was legal and KR had nothing to do with the RIF. That was 100% sh1tfinger and Baboo.

Your full of crap. It was legal and KR had nothing to do with the RIF. That was 100% sh1tfinger and Baboo.

Ricci was on the board at the time, his capacity can be in question. I also believe it was Shirrenga and co that did the firing. I also believe that Ricci on a small level knew about it, my opinion. What I do know is it was legal to fire, but the way they did it to my understanding with the state of Ohio was illegal. Also Ken knew he would loose in court and it would cost him a ton of cash. Those pilots came back with all back pay. You know it was fishy when all pilots come back with back pay. I was told that the Teamsters would not deliver packages via FedEx and UPS, teamster drivers, and the fuel to the fbos is delivered via Teamster drivers, so the Teamsters had a lot of weight on Ricci as well.

Your Full of CRAP RUPERT and you know it!!!! You are a blatant liar. Ricci orchestrated the whole thing from being the scenes. He was Above ********************finger when that all happened calling the shots and directing his good little sacrificial lamb. It was very well planned and thought out just like the CA deal. Makes him look like the good guy. No one ever said that he is stupid. in fact if you look at many of my past posts I have said numerous times that he has out smarted and out played our Union Reps..Hopefully I don't think it will be as easy for him with the New Pilots we got in there fighting for us. They have all worked right along side this management as managers themselves and have seen all the tricks first hand. That's why they are now union supporters fighting for a better quality of life for the rest of us.

hmmm... I think Board of Directors is greater than CEO. I also think that the Board of Directors has to sign off on something of that magnitude, if not outright plan it. At a very minimum, Uncle Kenn signed off on the plan. I bet he was p!ssed when he had to bring them back. I would have liked to have seen the look on his smug little gorilla face!

Titles aren't that important. It's power! When KR is holding your money, you are going to pay attention to what he says. KR enjoys being on stage. It gives him more power. Then he uses that power to control others. At this point in your career, you know that you can do your job. Then he likes to step in and micro manage how you operate, even if it makes you look like a fool to the rest of the aviation community.

Latest resources

Back