• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union Drive Continues...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not a union buster, I am just not for one. Personally everyone has a right to a opinion and a belief and right now the majority don't belive it is to our advantage.

Hey Art, how long have we been told about a union? What is it, like 8-10 months now. Do I count the times in the past that we were made aware of a union drive?

Fact is that in the 5+ years I have been here I haven't received a card yet.

Either way, that's the last I'll talk about the subject. Put YOUR money where your mouth is and prove me wrong. I don't have to prove anything, the fact that there is no union here proves my point and when that changes I'll gladly admit that I was wrong.

Last edited:
Maybe with the new hires from Indy & if you can get most of the long time CL cpts to retire a union might have a chance. At least with this pay raise it wont be so hard for the fos win our pay is frozen for a couple of years. I think when most people look at their W-2s in 2007 they will not be satisfied with this raise. The only fear I have is Bombardier dumping us. It is unlikely but could happen.

In an industry where operators are continuously cutting pay and benefits in order to compete with each other while the top end management always gets over-paid, there have to be Unions in place to protect the workers, in this case PILOTS! Increased costs have to be passed on to customers NOT employees! As a former "Flexjeter" I wish you all the best!

wonder why no one has talked about NJA sales team slamming our training department.

I haven't been at Flex for very long but no one I have meet or talked to has ever brought up a union to me (thank God for that). I came here the same reason everyone else has, they hired me, but not having a union made it a desirable place to be. I have worked for two union shops before, and all I have seen them do is shut down a good place to work because of the full pay to the last day mentality. You can't do that in this industry, you know that pilots are a dime a dozen. I have also seen unions get rapist there jobs back, so what good are unions? They are great if you are a slacker.

walshsfly said:
I haven't been at Flex for very long but no one I have meet or talked to has ever brought up a union to me (thank God for that). I came here the same reason everyone else has, they hired me, but not having a union made it a desirable place to be. I have worked for two union shops before, and all I have seen them do is shut down a good place to work because of the full pay to the last day mentality. You can't do that in this industry, you know that pilots are a dime a dozen. I have also seen unions get rapist there jobs back, so what good are unions? They are great if you are a slacker.

Well i see you were a regional pilots(like me),your right unions don't do crap at that level. But at this level it has worked for us. I don't understand"last day pay mentality" You like to work for low pay or no pay,boy MGMT is going to love you. You are right pilots are a dime a dozen,so the first time you say "I'm not doing that,you are out and the next low paid pilot is up. That why we have a union to enforce not only the CBA but safety reg and our licence.

Don't ever think they give a s#it about you or your family no matter what they say. If it comes down to them or you, guess what, thats right you be working at Kroger...

Thats right they get bad people their jobs back but more offen than not they get the guy who was fired for no reason job back. Can you say that about Flex.I know for a fact they fired some very senior guys for no reason. They really take care their "family"...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back