• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet - Time for a Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not-a-pilot, (BTW, what is your position?) Perhaps it might help you if I explained my interest. Consider it basic neighborly concern for other families in the same industry, and for fellow FI members. I tend to think of this as an online community. Aside from that, I believe that all frac pilots and their families will be better off if a fair/professional baseline of compensation, schedules, and work rules are applied across the industry. I'd like to see the groups pull each other up, not hold each other down.

I think most of us realize that not every post will interest every reader. Those not interested are always free to skip my posts. I'm comfortable allowing others to choose for themselves and leaving censorship to the moderators and rules. I think that makes for a nicer atmosphere for all.

Best wishes for the Flex pilots and families in these difficult times. NJW

No disrespect, but you don't know our compensation, schedules, or work rules. You have no idea what we have that is or is not in line with the industry. Please tell us where we are holding anyone down. I know where we need improvement, but holding others down-come on you are not serious. Your comments make it apparent that while I believe you wish everyone success, your motivations are much more selfish. You are welcome to your opinion and to share it how you see fit. Everyone at Flex has been in the biz for a very long time and will not be swayed by your rhetoric or cheerleading. Your silly mantras do nothing to help our cause. I always thought the worst thing was a pilot who speaks as if he or she is an expert on subjects they know nothing about. I was wrong it is a pilots wife who does the same thing. I once knew a person who tried to push his religion on everybody. It was not only disrespectful, but counter productive. This person did not know or care to understand the beliefs of others. Instead, everybody was wrong and he was right. He converted no one.

2,300 posts, GEEZE!

Last edited:
No disrespect, (Same here, but is there a reason you ignored my question? To know where you're coming from it helps to know your position.) but you don't know our compensation, schedules, or work rules. You have no idea what we have that is or is not in line with the industry. I took Inigo at his word that Flex pilots are behind NJ and CS in pay and QOL. That coincides we other posts I've read here. If you are in a non-flying dept, perchance, then I have no idea, what they make--true. Please tell us where we are holding anyone down. That general comment (not meant to be offensive) was simply a statement of what happens when there is a large gap between groups who do the same job. Short-sighted managers typically point to the lowest paid, not the highest so it's a potential problem for every group that tries to raise the bar. There are even recent posts on the issue. .... Everyone at Flex has been in the biz for a very long time and will not be swayed by your rhetoric or cheerleading. Do you always make it a habit to speak for everyone in your group...:rolleyes: So much for polite hints. Your silly mantras do nothing to help our cause. It's common knowledge that encouragement can make a big difference in tough times. I am actually embarassed for you when I read some of what you write. Sounds like you should be skipping my posts then. Another wasted hint and effort to make this forum a friendly place for all associated with the frac industry. ....

The board saw this same situation when the Options pilots organized their efforts and I offered friendly moral support. Most welcomed it; a few didn't. The ignore function is there for a reason and in the interest of community spirit, I invite you to use it selectively, Not-a-pilot. These are tough times for a lot of pilots and their families so I'll be making that a priority over your subjective opinion. Standing by my post, NJW

I tend to think of this as an online community.

Seriously? If by "community" you mean nuthouse or circus freakshow, then I guess I agree. I don't know very many people who take this place seriously. It can be mildly entertaining and on the rare occasion informative. Overall though, there is such a tiny amount of pilots from various companies that I really don't think you can get an accurate depiction of life at any company by what is posted here.

Anyways, while I agree with notapilot, this is the internet where there's never a shortage of opinions or "experts," so have a ball. Just don't be offended when someone verbally "rolls their eyes" at something you post, regardless of your motives or intentions.

Just my opinion, of course...

Best wishes for the Flex pilots and families in these difficult times
Thanks.

Last edited:
Those with a narrower focus like your example may be disappointed, but I've participated in many serious discussions here from sub-par wages, unfair work rules, and contract offers to (recently) furloughs and ways to avoid them. Many pilots have also gotten very useful info here when considering employment. Don't forget that much gets said in PMs also. I can vouch for the NJ pilots giving accurate info. They work together well to do that. I trust that the other frac groups do, too.

Perhaps the difference in our perspective is that one tends to find what they look for. I've made friends here, from the different pilot groups, so I do see it as a community. That said, thanks for the friendly advice. It can be a tough neighborhood sometimes...;) Regards, NJW

You guys rag on NJW, yet she has cared more for other people's (pilots) families here on this board than what any management has cared for. Hell, she cares more than some of the very pilots on said companys payroll. You might want to cut her some slack.

Thanks for the kind words, DL...:) I understand that some are slower to trust than others and that it takes time and patience to build camaraderie.
That's OK. It's worth it to me.

I trust you're hanging in there?
NJW

You guys rag on NJW, yet she has cared more for other people's (pilots) families here on this board than what any management has cared for. Hell, she cares more than some of the very pilots on said companys payroll. You might want to cut her some slack.

I concur with that - especially the second sentence when it comes to the Flex pilot "group".

Thanks, Fast! I've seen a big turn-around at NJA since my husband was hired there 6 yrs ago. I hope the Flex pilots eventually get the respect (from management) and the solidarity (within the group)they deserve, too.

Latest resources

Back