• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet, pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RED LABEL PROGRAM: We do anticipate the addition of more aircraft at Flexjet that will be staffed in the dedicated crew format currently being used on the Globals. All pilots regardless of whether they are active at Flexjet, active at Flight Options or Flight Options pilots who have been hired by Flexjet (as outlined here), will be eligible to apply or bid for the dedicated crew aircraft. Currently the dedicated crew program is under review and should be made available to all pilots in the 1st quarter of 2015.

Where did you get that? Haven't seen anything on the Flexjet side. If this is true the post office will be inundated with union cards very shortly esp with the recent loss of the "enhanced" 401k bonus. Merry Xmas from your friends at DAC!

DAC is taking one item at a time. The next "big" thing will overshadow this, and it will be forgotten. We (flex) better wake up

Where did you get that? Haven't seen anything on the Flexjet side. If this is true the post office will be inundated with union cards very shortly esp with the recent loss of the "enhanced" 401k bonus. Merry Xmas from your friends at DAC!

That paragraph was contained in a letter sent to all Flight Options pilots from Joe Salata dated December 24, which announced the opening of the second bid period for Options pilots who want to transfer to Flex.

I'm very sorry to hear about what's going on there now.

Unfortunately, many FLOPS folks, and some of us who have worked for KR in a past life, have been trying to tell you from day 1 that this was going to happen. That you needed a union IMMEDIATELY to protect what you have.

Even now, you're saying you need something else to be taken away before a union card drive is started. The bad news is, all of you have taken too long to start waking up. KR is going to keep chipping away at what you have, little by little so it won't seem too awful (until you look back and realize that cumulatively he's taken A LOT). A union can help, but your starting point will have already been greatly reduced and you'll then have to fight for things you always had and never thought would be taken.

Sorry, not meaning to pick on you or anyone else. I personally hope you get a card drive started sooner rather than later. All of you deserve a lot more than you get right now, and need better job protections. My frustration lies in the fact that outside of the aircraft, pilots seem to prefer to disregard experience in others. Folks who have been dealing with KR for MANY YEARS have explained ad nauseum how he operates and what was going to happen and what's needed to protect against him, and a group who have had no dealings with him comes in and basically says "Naw. Aint gonna happen. He wouldn't do that to US.". Can you imagine if we did the same thing with the actual aircraft? "Hi, I'm new to the Lear 45. In fact, I've never flown any Learjet before, but no, I don't think I need to listen to or take advice from you who have been flying this plane for 10 years. My experience with the last plane I flew (not a Bombardier product) is enough to operate this plane very well.".

Just disappointed (but not surprised) to see this playing out as predicted. I wish all of you only the best of luck! Please don't wait for one more thing to be taken before you get a union drive going. We're all in this industry together and we need to stop the degradation of our careers by greedy management.

Was there any reason given why he took it away? You guys are profitable and expanding. :confused:

The enhanced portion (3% on top of the existing 6% match) of the 401K was an enticement by Bombardier to get pilots out of the pension. Although they are shooting themselves in the foot, DAC probably feels it is not obligated to continue what Bombardier started.

I'm very sorry to hear about what's going on there now.

Unfortunately, many FLOPS folks, and some of us who have worked for KR in a past life, have been trying to tell you from day 1 that this was going to happen. That you needed a union IMMEDIATELY to protect what you have.

Even now, you're saying you need something else to be taken away before a union card drive is started. The bad news is, all of you have taken too long to start waking up. KR is going to keep chipping away at what you have, little by little so it won't seem too awful (until you look back and realize that cumulatively he's taken A LOT). A union can help, but your starting point will have already been greatly reduced and you'll then have to fight for things you always had and never thought would be taken.

Sorry, not meaning to pick on you or anyone else. I personally hope you get a card drive started sooner rather than later. All of you deserve a lot more than you get right now, and need better job protections. My frustration lies in the fact that outside of the aircraft, pilots seem to prefer to disregard experience in others. Folks who have been dealing with KR for MANY YEARS have explained ad nauseum how he operates and what was going to happen and what's needed to protect against him, and a group who have had no dealings with him comes in and basically says "Naw. Aint gonna happen. He wouldn't do that to US.". Can you imagine if we did the same thing with the actual aircraft? "Hi, I'm new to the Lear 45. In fact, I've never flown any Learjet before, but no, I don't think I need to listen to or take advice from you who have been flying this plane for 10 years. My experience with the last plane I flew (not a Bombardier product) is enough to operate this plane very well.".

Just disappointed (but not surprised) to see this playing out as predicted. I wish all of you only the best of luck! Please don't wait for one more thing to be taken before you get a union drive going. We're all in this industry together and we need to stop the degradation of our careers by greedy management.

This is a stupid post. We don't need a card drive, we need a vote on single transportation system. And wtf do you think you are telling me I still need to see more to know we need change?? F'n idiot.

Last edited:
What we really need is to get together for happy hour.mthat would help cut through the rumors and misinformation. Who lives in the Metroplex? PM me and we'll get together.

This is a stupid post. We don't need a card drive, we need a vote on single transportation system. And wtf do you think you are telling me I still need to see more to know we need change?? F'n idiot.

Here you go folks, exhibit A of the exact mentality I was talking about in my post. Thanks for making my point for me. Good luck with KR since you don't want to listen to anyone who has experience with the guy.

By the way, the cursing and name calling doesn't speak very highly to your ability to discuss anything in an intelligent manner. Relax sport, it's an anonymous message board that doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the real world. You don't want advice or help? Then just ignore me and other posts you don't find helpful.

Still wishing you luck. Seems like you need it.

Latest resources

Back