Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Technically we were laid off, not furloughed. That is why we received a severance package. The only thing the company said it would do is give us a call first when they need more help again. Otherwise, they have no oblligation nor desire to keep us in the loop.

I guess I don't truly understand the difference between layoff and furlough, but, the title page on the package that Flex sent me says:

"March 2009 Furlough and Recall Program for First Officers"

So even Flex called it a furlough.

Hung

It's my understanding that a furlough will not allow someone to apply for and collect unemployment benefits, but a layoff will. So I guess the diifference is just symantics. Legally though, I don't believe they are "required" to contact us first if and when they need more help again. However, I believe they will in order to keep what harmony remains in the pilot group entacted. My response in essence was to tell NJW that "no, we as a furloughed/layoffed group have no seat at any table, not even the kids table at thanksgiving, when it comes to continuing reliable information as to the direction of the company and how we fit in."

I can tell you first hand that a furlough will indeed qualify for unemployment benefits.

When paychecks stop coming that's called "unemployed" and qualifying benefits then ensue.

And even with a payoff/payout/donation to the beer fund, call it what you may.. from the company you STILL qualify for unemployment as we all know from our experience with Flex and being furloughed

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. So, in that case if furloughed is indeed the proper termanology then I suppose they will be obligated to call us first before hiring from the outside. So I guess we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

Legally though, I don't believe they are "required" to contact us first if and when they need more help again.

I beg to differ. If you read the separation agreement, part of their obligations is to give us first crack for two years. If they chose not to (which I doubt would happen) I can almost guarantee 85 lawsuits.

And I really did draw a line in the sand today! But here in the desert you do that everytime you walk......

My best to those still seeking employment. Hang tough.

Yeah, I have to agree with Flex-ible on this one.

While I am not impressed with the new Head Honcho, in the time I was there , never was there a case were they did NOT deliver on what they said they would do.

So, I doubt they would change now.

They will call us back in the order we were let go. IMHO

Now,,,, if you don't answer the call right away,,,,,,, who knows!

Hung

While I am not impressed with the new Head Honcho, in the time I was there , never was there a case were they did NOT deliver on what they said they would do.

Hung

Well.....my wireless carrier is MetroPCS, so it can accidentally go to voice mail. So does that mean I am screwed? my voice mails show up 2 days later......lol. I guess everyone will be in class by then.

Hung

Having recently spoken with someone in H20view - it appears your opinion is correct based on that conversation.

Latest resources

Back