Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's no wonder

Each to their own, that's what the ignore function is for, Haz. I'm posting on this thread because I'm interested in learning about Flex, and showing support for the pilots/families that were furloughed from there--with only a 2 year recall provision. That adds insult to injury, some would say. I'm very open about my opinion that they deserve the industry standard of unlimited recall (at the very least a better match to the economic situation) and I'm hopeful the arbitrary management decision will be changed. I'm curios to see how it will turn out and what pilots there can do to bring about change. I also support the Flex folks who would like more info and a voice in the discussions--on this and other issues-- regardless if they achieve that thru their CAB or choose to stand together in a Union. You won't find B19 saying give pilots a seat at the table and opportunities to control their own career destiny.

Remember, postings are only one side of the board. PMs are the other and I've been encouraged to participate in this thread. So moving on....

Could some of the Flex folks post the latest update on the possibility that the recall time will be extended? Is there any chance that the CAB will be sitting down w/management to discuss the situation?

I've always advocated that pilots should control THEIR OWN destiny, and not that of others through forcing a union down the throat of people that don't want one.

That's what unions do, they control the destiny of those that don't want any part of them (read that as the rest of the company).

You don't fly, you don't work in the industry and the only knowledge you have is what you get from your husband, thus... what you write is nothing more than a reflection of what he sees. If his opinion is truly a reflection of what you write, it's no wonder that NJ is so screwed up right now.

Card carrying union member

yeah but my walker has a rusty nail sticking out of the end. I also drown kittens, club baby seals and steal the collection plate money from church.

JUST ANOTHER DAY AT WORK FOR A CARD CARRYING UNION MEMBER.... :laugh:

no.

it's just another day at the golf course for a retired card carrying member.

someone else has to watch management to make sure they dont try to screw the working man/woman.

It's gonna cost ya......

Actually, I don't but from an outside look at a potentially complicated situation it reinforces the advantage of being represented by one of your own when questions arise-- as they inevitably will in an industry that requires highly technical skills governed by stacks of regulations.

Speaking of representing pilots...do CABs, PACs, etc intervene on individual situations or is it each pilot for himself? The latter sounds quite stressful.

I see what happens when one of your own represents you.... How many are on the outside looking in at NJ now? YOU said it couldn't happen... love thy union....

I've always advocated that pilots should control THEIR OWN destiny, and not that of others through forcing a union down the throat of people that don't want one.

That's what unions do, they control the destiny of those that don't want any part of them (read that as the rest of the company).

QUOTE]

As an NJI Cpt. I have to agree with you on that part only I don't feel like it was forced down my throat--it came in a little further south! No way I will ever be a member of the "one big happy family" and from what I see of the interaction between nja and NJI when I'm on the road that happy family concept is a long way off. Most of us here still have good long term memory and will feel the union everytime we take a step. It is going to be a roough road!

As an NJI Cpt. I have to agree with you on that part only I don't feel like it was forced down my throat--it came in a little further south! No way I will ever be a member of the "one big happy family" and from what I see of the interaction between nja and NJI when I'm on the road that happy family concept is a long way off. Most of us here still have good long term memory and will feel the union everytime we take a step. It is going to be a roough road!

Just go shoot yourself, no one gives a half a sht about you, first ya come on here and cry that you're a new hire First Officer that wants to be left out of the merging seniority list so you can be allowed to upgrade to Capt in the G-wiss fleet, and now you say you are a g-wiss capt.. you are a real piece of ********************

Last edited:
good luck to you and your company. I Hope EVERYONE can be happy.

I got to side with brokeflyer. The ADD kids I've been flying with the last couple of years have got me thinking. Maybe it's not too late to go back to farming.....

Brokeflyer... Good luck with the retirement thing. I for one think you have earned it.

Mesa Serf.

Latest resources

Back