• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Conundrum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you worked for KR, non-union, pre RTA, you remember the good ole times in aviation for our generation. Every Friday was positive news, more aircraft, more owners, more stby at the hotel more phone minutes, more toppings on your Pizza. It was always more more more without asking for it. Until Travel Air and the introduction of a new management team when it became less less less everyday. Very similar to the RTS - DS transition. Mismanagement post merger brought in 1108 out of necessity. There were three catch phrases... He didn't think he was capable of running a company with unionized employees. He promised you would always be the highest paid in the industry (inferring... unless a contract prevented that) and props are for boats. So all I am saying is if your at Flex, maybe, just maybe, KR just wants the good ole days of aviation again. Now go enjoy your weekend.

If you worked for KR, non-union, pre RTA, you remember the good ole times in aviation for our generation. Every Friday was positive news, more aircraft, more owners, more stby at the hotel more phone minutes, more toppings on your Pizza. It was always more more more without asking for it. Until Travel Air and the introduction of a new management team when it became less less less everyday. Very similar to the RTS - DS transition. Mismanagement post merger brought in 1108 out of necessity. There were three catch phrases... He didn't think he was capable of running a company with unionized employees. He promised you would always be the highest paid in the industry (inferring... unless a contract prevented that) and props are for boats. So all I am saying is if your at Flex, maybe, just maybe, KR just wants the good ole days of aviation again. Now go enjoy your weekend.

Don't know about RTA but your singing a lot of Kumbya (sp). I remember FLOPS being out of money. And frankly all of Kenns boys are still in power, Upper and middle manangement, so you need to recheck your facts.

Out of money back then, yes. Middle management doesn't make the decisions that affects your pay and QOL, except on an individual basis when they are out to get a specific individual. Yes, it happens. But Kumbya is always good. So Kumbya Kumbya Kumbya.

Did you ever read Watership Down when you were a kid? Remember, the story about the Rabbits? I was also at Options before the merger pre-1108, and there is a chapter in that book that reminds me of my experience.
The rabbit leader Hazel and his band of traveling rabbit friends believe they have found the perfect new home for them, a warren of other rabbits who seem very healthy and safe. The fact that these rabbits live in a warren that is not concealed and that they seem to have no enemies is puzzling, as is the fact that a man leaves large amounts of food in the field that the rabbits eat.
Meanwhile, Hazel’s little brother Fiver – who has a sixth sense about things – warns that it’s too good to be true. Although the rabbits, who live in this new warren, seem strange and are given to odd habits, they treat Hazel's group with extreme hospitality. Everyone eats well and lives comfortably, which makes it much more difficult to believe that something is wrong. Fiver sticks with his convictions, and Hazel almost always trusts him, but this time he is being asked to give up the best living conditions they have ever encountered based only upon his brother's hunch that something is wrong. Hazel and the other rabbits know that something is not right, but so many other things are right that they are unwilling to listen to Fiver.
One day, one of Hazel’s friends gets caught in a snare. The new rabbits refuse to help and get very angry at the traveling rabbits for asking for it. Once they free their friend from the snare, it becomes apparent that men snare the new warren territory, but keep the rabbits happy with good food and only a few kills at a time. The new rabbits feel that this is a good enough trade for the safety and food they are offered. They have become odd and domesticated rabbits.
Once they realize what's happening, Hazel, Fiver and the traveling rabbits flee, set up a new life for themselves in a place of their choosing free from snares and false comforts. They choose to rely on each other for their well being and safety.

Did you ever read Watership Down when you were a kid? Remember, the story about the Rabbits? I was also at Options before the merger pre-1108, and there is a chapter in that book that reminds me of my experience.
The rabbit leader Hazel and his band of traveling rabbit friends believe they have found the perfect new home for them, a warren of other rabbits who seem very healthy and safe. The fact that these rabbits live in a warren that is not concealed and that they seem to have no enemies is puzzling, as is the fact that a man leaves large amounts of food in the field that the rabbits eat.
Meanwhile, Hazel?s little brother Fiver ? who has a sixth sense about things ? warns that it?s too good to be true. Although the rabbits, who live in this new warren, seem strange and are given to odd habits, they treat Hazel's group with extreme hospitality. Everyone eats well and lives comfortably, which makes it much more difficult to believe that something is wrong. Fiver sticks with his convictions, and Hazel almost always trusts him, but this time he is being asked to give up the best living conditions they have ever encountered based only upon his brother's hunch that something is wrong. Hazel and the other rabbits know that something is not right, but so many other things are right that they are unwilling to listen to Fiver.
One day, one of Hazel?s friends gets caught in a snare. The new rabbits refuse to help and get very angry at the traveling rabbits for asking for it. Once they free their friend from the snare, it becomes apparent that men snare the new warren territory, but keep the rabbits happy with good food and only a few kills at a time. The new rabbits feel that this is a good enough trade for the safety and food they are offered. They have become odd and domesticated rabbits.
Once they realize what's happening, Hazel, Fiver and the traveling rabbits flee, set up a new life for themselves in a place of their choosing free from snares and false comforts. They choose to rely on each other for their well being and safety.

Hmmm....anyone have a recipe for rabbit stew?

Latest resources

Back