• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet Pay/Workrules/Benefits???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right on but I would modify the answer to question #2. They can't make us go over 14 hours EXCEPT for our last day only. Any other day of the rotation we have to agree to it.

Glad you caught that too. They cannot plan nor can we accept anything planned over 14 hrs except for last day.

Last edited:
I can remember a time when Travel Air had some nice new Hawkers and Beech Jets and Flops had the "previously enjoyed " ones.
We were all told that they would remain separate and the owners of the new TA aircraft would only fly on the new ones and Flops owners only on the old ones.
When the travel air aircraft reached 5 years they would be sent to the used fleet and their owners would fly in new aircraft that were ordered.

I forgot how that plan worked out? :confused:

Exactly, we've seen this act before.

Glad you caught that too. They cannot plan nor can we accept anything planned over 14 hrs except for last day.

One slight correction to the above. Remember, we can go up to 16 hours any day as long as the "plan" is under 14 hours. If you have an owner delay, wx delay or ATC delays we can go over 14. We however cannot exceed 16 hours. All work days with the exception of last day must be planned under 14 hours and we can only agree to extend up to 16 hours on a Part 91 plan only, and as was stated, must be agreed upon at the beginning of the day. Everything else was spot on.

actually, you cant take off if you know you're going to go over 14 hours of duty. regardless of the delay. A lot of people don't understand the regulation and EVERY company exploits it to their benefit.

If you "plan" to complete the flight within your duty limits and you have atc, weather delay after take off, then you can go over 14 hours.

if the passenger calls and says he's stuck in traffic and his delay will cause you to exceed your duty time, then off to the hotel you go.

if that was a viable delay reason, then they can just claim tardiness and make up any length of duty they want, which ive seen happen.

Don't underestimate Roland Wilder. He is one of the best at creating scope clauses.

For 121 pilot groups. I don't think he had any experience with 'brand partners' and agency agreements (how could he, since Kenn basically made up the concept during negotiations), or the fact that pure 91K operators are not air carriers. Kenn obviously thinks that left a hole big enough to drive a FlexJet through, and my guess is he's probably right. I assume 1108 will fight it, and a judge will ultimately decide.

Last edited:
One slight correction to the above. Remember, we can go up to 16 hours any day as long as the "plan" is under 14 hours. If you have an owner delay, wx delay or ATC delays we can go over 14. We however cannot exceed 16 hours. All work days with the exception of last day must be planned under 14 hours and we can only agree to extend up to 16 hours on a Part 91 plan only, and as was stated, must be agreed upon at the beginning of the day. Everything else was spot on.

FYI

Our POI has said that if anything happens no matter how minor. The crew will get a reckless violation on their record if they are over 14 hours on duty at the time of the occurrence.

Something you might consider.

What poi is that? And that might change when ricci shows up all smiles with a big bag of money..or threatens to move everything to Rochester NY FSDO..why you think he deals with a NY FSDO and not the CLE FSDO?

Latest resources

Back