• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Management Promotes Calling Pilots while in Rest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you think that the IBT and FO management are going to lock horns? Are they going to war over their contract? Is FJ going into position to cover FO trips in the event?

No dude this is about the money. If they can get you to ask "how high" when they say, "jump". Then they will increase operational efficiencies and make more money. That's what they do.

It's OK. Eight hours of rest should be plenty. They will hardly ever call :erm: and you'll feel better about everything because of the brand new trusting relationship you've formed with your family at Waterview. ;)

Squawk: "Do you think that the IBT and FO management are going to lock horns? Are they going to war over their contract? Is FJ going into position to cover FO trips in the event?"

Are you making the announcement for a wildcat strike?

Squawk: "Do you think that the IBT and FO management are going to lock horns? Are they going to war over their contract? Is FJ going into position to cover FO trips in the event?"

Are you making the announcement for a wildcat strike?

No, I have a crystal ball.

I hope it doesn't come to that. Last time we got close. It was the union leaders that were calling for patience during the last contract negotiation.

el raton, I agree a 10hr no-call zone would be great…a 14 hr zone would be super….an 18hr zone would be sublime. However, I live in the real world and just hope fractional flying will remain a viable industry…there are no guarantees it will. I do know that if it is not efficient, it won’t last for long. If the +/- 2 hr call is made occasionally and as a kind of last resort to save the company an expensive DH or Charter, I simply have no problem with that (as long as some of the rules being kicked around are adopted for notification,etc). And if it has been a rough day of flying, I’ll simply let Dispatch know my phone will be off that night.

I realize a lot of folks out there think the no-call policy will be abused, but I am willing to give the new proposals (with some of the restrictions that are being proposed) a try. There were some major flaws in the previous policy, but it sounds like the DO and others are trying to address them. If it is abused on a regular basis, then we can do Plan B (whatever that may be). Most management reads this board regularly, and they know they’ve got to do this right ‘cause this is a serious and sensitive issue.

Now, since all you IBT apparchiks can see evil wherever it exists, let the mud fly….I just wish you could come up with some new stuff.

Cheers

A 10 hour no-call zone isn't just a great idea, it's the law! Have some friggen self-respect and take the rest you need to do your job safely. Leave the managing to the managers and focus on your own job.

Cheers WL
I'm sure there is a lot of stories out there about our ancient history but I do remember the time I took off my tie and started to watch TV. Next thing I heard was the phone for my wakeup call and I was still in my uniform. I can laugh about it now. They just pushed us so hard, they got the union they deserved.
The grill is fired up and I have a cold one waiting for ya.

One of my experiences with the duty issue at Flight Options in the past was after an early 4am wake up and then a release at 4pm to go to the hotel we were told to report on duty at 8:00 am for a flight the next day.
We went to the hotel, had dinner made some phone calls and went to sleep at 10:00 pm.

At 2:00 am we get a call for a early repo to be in position for a 5:00 am live leg.

When I question about our rest time I was told that it has been 10 hours since we were released to the hotel and that we were given our required rest and if we had a problem with it we can expect airlines to Cleveland to explain why we were not ready for duty.

Those days are now a thing of the past unfortunality the Flex pilots are now seeing one of the reason the pilots of Flight Options worked together to put an end to those games and black lists.

Last edited:
What cracks me up and blows my mind is that all I hear on here from FlexJet pilots is how we at Flight Options are the ones bringing the industry down, etc....

However you guys are just willing to roll over and accept the company calling you an hour into your ten hour rest or two hours before the end of ten hours.

What's the point of a 10 hour rest period, if you are going to let the company call you during it. Whether it's 1 hr after the start or 2 hrs before the end or right in the middle of it.

Great way to bring down the industry.

el raton, I agree a 10hr no-call zone would be great?a 14 hr zone would be super?.an 18hr zone would be sublime. However, I live in the real world and just hope fractional flying will remain a viable industry?there are no guarantees it will. I do know that if it is not efficient, it won?t last for long. If the +/- 2 hr call is made occasionally and as a kind of last resort to save the company an expensive DH or Charter, I simply have no problem with that (as long as some of the rules being kicked around are adopted for notification,etc). And if it has been a rough day of flying, I?ll simply let Dispatch know my phone will be off that night.

I realize a lot of folks out there think the no-call policy will be abused, but I am willing to give the new proposals (with some of the restrictions that are being proposed) a try. There were some major flaws in the previous policy, but it sounds like the DO and others are trying to address them. If it is abused on a regular basis, then we can do Plan B (whatever that may be). Most management reads this board regularly, and they know they?ve got to do this right ?cause this is a serious and sensitive issue.

Now, since all you IBT apparchiks can see evil wherever it exists, let the mud fly?.I just wish you could come up with some new stuff.

Cheers

Do not let them touch our 10 hours. That's not asking too much even in the so-called "real world". I'm not asking for a 14-18 hour block, just 10 hours. They have 14 hours to use us and that's more than fair.

Do you hear what you're willing to concede to ops? Our mandated rest! This is on the same level of importance as flying broken airplanes...don't do it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back