• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet lays off 25 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's because the airlines never have anything to gloat about.

Let's make a mandatory retirement age for Frac pilots, if they dont leave, they will be forced to.
Problem solved!!!!!

So 121 is 65 for retirement.
135 and 91K, youre flying the top 10% of our population and no mandatory retirement age.

135 and 91k mandatory 65.

So will this get everyone to stop bickering about old and young pilots.

Industry Standard

Last edited:
Ok, no dumping on grandparents. I'm 48, got a 26 year old son and a 2 year old grandson. Does that mean I have to retire?

Next, who says what kind of retirement these guys have? How many pilots do you know went from bankrupt airline to bankrupt airline, getting their pension whacked everytime?

Could some of them go home and live comfortably? Sure. All of them? not likely. And it's not my position to determine which is which.

65 mandatory
121,135, and 91K.

If you operate your plane under 91 then that's your decision on age.

Last edited:
65 mandatory
121.,135, and 91K.

If you operate your plane under 91 then that's your decision on age.

It's wonderful when someone takes it upon them self discount an entire group or class of people. If you want to start writing FAR's, johnny, get a job with the FAA, or better yet get a medical degree and try to understand the aging process and the longevity we all enjoy in this era of medical miracles.
Baiting young and old is not a new game and this twisting of this thread is really a waste of time.

I have no idea the ages of the Flex crews that have been let go, but young or old my thoughts are with them and their families during this difficult time.

Perhaps you should re-pread my post a couple times to see the humor.You are not the only one with kids pal.

I was wondering what all those other little people were doing out there...

There just isn't much humor in that post. Some, but not much. (Although I did appreciate your disclaimer:D)

Regardless, I hope you and everyone else is recalled ASAP. We've all got friends on the street and no one wants to see any more. Here's to a quick end to this BS.:beer:

I empathize with the 25 pilots who are being downsized. I pray that we hire them back soon.
As far as the old fart comments, I don't think people with their crass remarks will shame them into retiring. However, I do get tired of hearing how people older than 60 cannot afford to retire due to the stock market. If a person is anywhere close to retirement they should have very little money if any in the stock market. Of course their are the people who have to work forever due to their 4 ex-wives.

You don't have to you Loser you will see and i'll send you a message when they do A$$. God forbid The all Mighty All Supreme Netjets lays people off. Get your head out of your a$$ Jackoff and smell the coffee you can't sustain that many pilots with no work Schmuck! This is only directed at this wind bag!

I never said we wouldn't layoff, I just pointed out that in you entire life, you've never had, and never will have, even the slightest shred of credibility or knowledge sufficient to ask anyone to "believe" you on anything related to aviation. You act as though you are the authority on NJ, yet you are a clearly just another underachieving hack only looking to revel in someone else's misery just to make yourself feel like less of a failure in life. It's weaklings and cowards like you that turn people away from these boards.

For the record, I don't subscribe to the supposed "superiority" complex of NJ that some on this board have shown. To me, this is still just a job. I don't consider it better or worse than any other job. It works for me and my family, and that's all that matters.

Now run along little guy...get back to your flight instructing!

I never said we wouldn't layoff, I just pointed out that in you entire life, you've never had, and never will have, even the slightest shred of credibility or knowledge sufficient to ask anyone to "believe" you on anything related to aviation. You act as though you are the authority on NJ, yet you are a clearly just another underachieving hack only looking to revel in someone else's misery just to make yourself feel like less of a failure in life. It's weaklings and cowards like you that turn people away from these boards.

Now run along little guy...get back to your flight instructing!

That was the best burn I think I have ever seen.

Latest resources

Back