FlexJet lays off 25 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the furloughs suck

But just so you know. I'm well south of 30 and think dooker, art, and shanes are full of ********************.

so were not all the gimme generation screaming for our handout.

When it comes to old people, I find I fit in real well with them. Thats because I'm old!
To all my friends who were furough, you are in my prayers and I hope you are back soon!

Realityman you must have been very fortunate in who you have flown with..Any Comedian will tell you the funny part of a joke is the truth and Dookers post was hilarious. What made it so funny was that it is the truth. Its no fun getting stuck with these old guys and you suddenly become single pilot (and I mean in and out of the plane) Have I flown with young guys that do nothing? YES..But thats more laziness. Good Post Dooker
And back on topic for me. Lets hope Flex Jet gets back up on there feet soon so we can all prosper.

Some of it is laziness, yes. But I've flown with enough younger pilots to know the difference between laziness and lack of skills. And I can say, as an IOE instructor pilot, that the ratio of unskilled (or lost skills) of the older crowd isn't any different from the younger crowd. Most can fly. Some can't.

Anyway, who is worse? Someone who has trouble keeping up with the physical aspects because of age, or someone who is young and can keep up, but chooses not to because of laziness, lack of motivation, and/or the entitlement attitude? If I can't light a fire under the un-motivated young guy, he/she isn't any better than the older pilot who struggles to keep up due to age.

Dookers post was funny. Can't deny it. But I think it was not very accurate. Hey, it's just one opinion. But I've been "single pilot" with young guys too.

But I said it before, and I think it bears repeating: If the only way you can make it in this world is to insist those ahead of you voluntarily get out of your way, then you probably don't deserve the position you're after. Stand on your own two feet, or make way for someone more motivated, innovative, and smarter who can figure out how to make it work without picking off everyone in front of him.

I've had crappy jobs. Been furloughed several times. But I never asked the folks who held the positions I wanted to quit so I could move up.

Here is to all of us getting recalled ASAP, and to all of the NJ pilot's still in denial of what is sure to come, I toast a Coor's Light to ya....

Good luck to us all.

Disclaimer:

This post in no way is to insult or insinuate anything to any pilot group. And I reserve the right to edit at anytime.

Here is to all of us getting recalled ASAP, and to all of the NJ pilot's still in denial of what is sure to come, I toast a Coor's Light to ya....

Good luck to us all.

Disclaimer:

This post in no way is to insult or insinuate anything to any pilot group. And I reserve the right to edit at anytime.

You can include Flops, CS and Flex in that! I hope no NJ guys have to go through this!

Good luck to us all.

Disclaimer:

My 4 month old thanks you.....

Best of luck to all the Flex guys. This sucks.

And why exactly should anyone "believe" you? That's funny...I didn't know you where the supreme unquestioned authority on NJ pilot staffing. Instead of believing you, I'd rather just laugh at you...loser.

You don't have to you Loser you will see and i'll send you a message when they do A$$. God forbid The all Mighty All Supreme Netjets lays people off. Get your head out of your a$$ Jackoff and smell the coffee you can't sustain that many pilots with no work Schmuck! This is only directed at this wind bag!

Latest resources

Back