• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet lays off 25 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you were Dookers age and knew everything?

One thing is indesputable.

In my case, I'm 52, I've been every age between where myself and Dooker are.

He has no clue (nor did I, nor you, or anyone else) what will happen to him in the future.

You young guys are alright really.

Someday you will (if you are lucky) pick up the "baton" from us and be old guys.

I hope your man enough to admit what a fool you were in 2009.

Have a good one.

Hello Bill,

I miss flying with you you crusty little...thing:cool: . Wish you were still at Flex. The place isn't the same without you.
Glad you found greener pastures you Army Puke.:beer:

Hope all the kids are fine.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The old farts I refer to are the ones that OPENLY admit they DO NOT NEED TO WORK. Jeez, you netjet guys are a bunch of whiners. Grab your backpacks and go download some more Spears.

AND as far as "doing the right thing"; If I'm 70 years old, don't need to work for financial reasons, I would proudfully retire early if it meant saving ANYONE'S JOB. It is the ethical thing to do and since you netjet guys only think of yourselves, look it up in the dictionary you pricks.

There certainly is one person I've read doing a lot of whining on this thread.

Sorry Art, if you can't make your own way in the world without asking others to get out of your way, maybe you should look into another professional.

It is NOT ethical to quit your job just because someone else wants it. It has nothing to do with whether a person NEEDS the work. If they WANT to keep working, and can pass the checkrides and medicals, then they should keep working.

Your attitude of entitlement is disgusting. You're obviously one of the SNAP's mentioned in other posts (look it up with the search function if you don't know what it stands for you lazy whiner). And your level of intellect is readily apparent based on your usage of name-calling to try to make your point.

If you'd like to engage in a respectful dialogue on the subject, I'll be happy to continue.

Otherwise, there's no incentive to try and discuss anything with someone so full of themselves,and casting such disdain on another group because they're exercising their right to continue to be a productive member of society, regardless of whether they financially need the work or not.

Did it ever occur to your little me-centric way of thinking that perhaps the older guys NEED to keep working for reasons other than financial? Generally speaking, it's been shown that people maintain higher levels of physical and mental capacity when they stay engaged with work, family, and friends, instead of sitting around in retirement trying to come up with things to do.

Good on 'em!!

The old farts I refer to are the ones that OPENLY admit they DO NOT NEED TO WORK. Jeez, you netjet guys are a bunch of whiners. Grab your backpacks and go download some more Spears.

AND as far as "doing the right thing"; If I'm 70 years old, don't need to work for financial reasons, I would proudfully retire early if it meant saving ANYONE'S JOB. It is the ethical thing to do and since you netjet guys only think of yourselves, look it up in the dictionary you pricks.
Sorry, Art, but you’re losing this argument. Even with your conditional back-peddling, you still come across as a brat. Your use of the word ethical rings pretty hollow and I suspect your own ethics are somewhat selective.

I have flown with a lot of prosperous young men that didn’t need their flying job to make a living. I don’t recall anyone questioning their right to be flying. So what’s the big difference, if it’s not age prejudice?

Your statements about what you would do if you were 70 are meaningless. They cost you nothing now and nothing later.

Maybe you should use that dictionary you mention. Where did you come up with the word "proudfully"? Last time I checked, tax paying citizens are allowed to do what they please in this country. As long as it's legal. If you want to quit at 70, or even 7-as you don't appear that old yet-and are able to, go for it.

Don't dictate to anyone else simply because it's what you believe though. Go interview with Hugo Chavez or Putin and maybe you'll get to dictate more than you ever dreamed of. From the inside of a nice warm gulag.

Art is on to something...

Diesel doesn't need to work ... and he is in his 30's...

He could retire and open up a seat in the G-IV.

Buy a share of marquis card and save a couple of pilot jobs....

C'mon Diesel....:D Sell that King Air and get a QS.

Then why the he!! didn't he buy a couple weeks ago at KB's in Savanny?:beer: Poor RTRHD got stuck with most of the bill and he's paying off the ex!

Latest resources

Back