Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Everything is a choice

Semore Butts said:
Vixin is right, the 6th year guy has no clue what the first year guy has to look forward too. The question is "will the first year guy upgrade in 6 years"?

You're absolutely right about that! It's true in every facet of the airline industry, meaning, it's all about timing. The guys who started at Flex when it was brand new, definitely got upgraded much faster than those who went in 2-3 years later. I read in another thread that upgrade could take up to 4-5 years at FLOPs. The fact that Netjets has been growing so rapidly the past couple of years has offered quick upgrades and therefore quick pay-raises. Whether or not Flexjet is on the upswing of a new period of growth remains to be seen, but the fact that they are hiring and planning to receive new airplanes such as the Bombardier Continental and more Lear 45s in the near future is a good thing for everyone at Flex.

As for the crappy hotel thing... coming from a freight job a few years ago... I just don't get it. A clean quiet room with a good A/C is all I require before my next trip. If those requirements can't be met then it's time to call company and gripe about it or call in fatigued.

As for the huge pay raises you guys at Netjets seem to be expecting... I've been hearing 85% and up "or else"... remains to be seen. First let me say that I sincerely hope you do get significant raises as that would benefit everyone in the same line of work, however, let's not forget that UAL set a precedent with their new contract a couple of years ago and look at them now! Yeah-yeah... apples and oranges... it's still all fruit!

Latest resources

Back