FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One Sky

Seeings how there were two other investors (that are flexjet costumers) other than DAC who were involved in the aquisition of flexjet, flexjet is more apt to remain the same old flexjet rather than any other companies now under the Onesky umbrella.

I may be wrong, but I don't think KR has the same power he had when FO was under just the DAC umbrella.

Welcome to One Sky.

Two "store fronts" under ONE big SKY.

It is, well, what it is. And nothing will ever be the same again. It probably feels good to have that false sense of security though.

, flexjet is more apt to remain the same old flexjet rather than any other companies now under the Onesky umbrella.

I may be wrong, but I don't think KR has the same power he had when FO was under just the DAC umbrella.

I know flex management said nothing will change but have they seen the Flight options web site lately? It looks like some of the challenger 300 pilots will become "value pilots" in the fall of 2014.

http://www.flightoptions.com/fleet/challenger-300.html

Last edited:
That is funny. It's amazing how naive the Flex pilots are in believing nothing is going to change.

Bombardier is gone guys. It's time to wake up.

I know flex management said nothing will change but have they seen the Flight options web site lately? It looks like some of the challenger 300 pilots will become "value pilots" in the fall of 2014.

http://www.flightoptions.com/fleet/challenger-300.html

Meanwhile the flex pilots were like "hey how come we are reading about this on AIN and not being told directly?"

I would guess the reason the flex pilots are being kept out of the loop on the negotiations the Union and management are having is because too many Flex pilots feel that management has their best interests at heart.

The Flight options pilots feel that major changes should be discussed with the pilots having a seat at the table to protect our interests. Management will surely be looking out for their own interests. Unfortunately the Flex pilots who have as much to lose as the Flight Options pilots don't have a seat at the table. Guys like TWA to ACA FO are just fine with that, they trust management and not a group of pilot representatives ( union ) with their careers.

I beleive that there are many Flex pilots who would like to have a seat at that table and protect their interests. Maybe if some of you put aside your hatred of unions and the IBT you might come to realize that it is better to be sitting at the table at a time like this rather then reading about it in AIN.

I am sure the Flight Options will welcome you if you decide to join us.

Oh HEY

I'm just a FLOPs guy, in good standing, and REALLY like the idea of the 300's coming our way! I wish you FLEX guys the best, but ya'll should think about a CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement). I think you'll be surprised at how clever they (our Management team) will be to erode your work rules/MELs/duty times. I wouldn't post this had I not seen it. Did I tell you I'm sooo ready to see a REAL 300, that is NOT a Phenom:)
Good luck ya'll.

If the union has any chance of getting any support from flex they need to start talking to the flex pilots. It's going to be really really hard for you to get any support and votes from the flex side. KR is pushing hard for a single carrier ruling because he is confident the union will be voted out. There are many pilots at flex who were pro union in the past but they are anti your union. Let's face it, flex makes a lot more, has better benefits, and better schedules. If we unionize, all of that could be lost. How do we know we will be able to negotiate the same pay? I know, I know, you're screaming at your computer that KR could take it all away right now. But he hasn't, and if you wait until he does then yeah, you'll have a lot of support. But right now you're saying "you should join the union because they can take it away." A lot of people would rather wait and see. From our point of view, do we risk more if we merge union on non union? Non union is business as usual for us. Going union is a total crap shoot.

And I hear you saying that everything will change. None of our managers have been replaced, nobody is suddenly getting fired or pressured into flying. Maybe that happens on your side but not on our side. Yes I know you're saying it will, but you're not going to get enough votes based on the fear of things getting bad.

So like I said the union needs to start talking. Give us a merger plan. Make it slightly in our favor. If we get home one day and find a ballot in our mailbox, it won't turn out as you hope. Give us a reason beyond "it'll get worse and you'll wish you had a union."

Last edited:
If the union has any chance of getting any support from flex they need to start talking to the flex pilots. It's going to be really really hard for you to get any support and votes from the flex side. KR is pushing hard for a single carrier ruling because he is confident the union will be voted out. There are many pilots at flex who were pro union in the past but they are anti your union. Let's face it, flex makes a lot more, has better benefits, and better schedules. If we unionize, all of that could be lost. How do we know we will be able to negotiate the same pay? I know, I know, you're screaming at your computer that KR could take it all away right now. But he hasn't, and if you wait until he does then yeah, you'll have a lot of support. But right now you're saying "you should join the union because they can take it away." A lot of people would rather wait and see. From our point of view, do we risk more if we merge union on non union? Non union is business as usual for us. Going union is a total crap shoot.

And I hear you saying that everything will change. None of our managers have been replaced, nobody is suddenly getting fired or pressured into flying. Maybe that happens on your side but not on our side. Yes I know you're saying it will, but you're not going to get enough votes based on the fear of things getting bad.

So like I said the union needs to start talking. Give us a merger plan. Make it slightly in our favor. If we get home one day and find a ballot in our mailbox, it won't turn out as you hope. Give us a reason beyond "it'll get worse and you'll wish you had a union."

Nice post. I think your right. The union should be communicating with you guys. I guess this is why the FO pilots are the only employee group within the FO/Flex group who have been denied access to Yammer.

Management is afraid of the truth.

Remember !

KR is a Micro manager and NOTHING is approved unless he says so. He still has to approve all upgrades and check airmen, PSM Appointments. Middle managers cannot make final decision without his ok! Please pass the popcorn!

Latest resources

Back