• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It appears, in the near future, Flight Options pilots will be offered the opportunity to join the Flexjet seniority list. These pilots will essentially be treated as new hires and move to the bottom of the Flexjet seniority list. However, on the plus side, they will move to Flexjet's higher pay scale and improved benefits package; i.e. 401K matching.
Flexjet has approximately 320 pilots, so if you are number 320 or below on Flight Options seniority list, why would you not jump at the opportunity to earn more money and better benefits while essentially maintaining a similar seniority number at Flexjet.

Additional motivation will be the sooner you join Flexjet, the higher you will be on Flexjet's seniority list. In other words, the first few Flight Options pilots to accept the offer could possibly wind up with the other 400 Flight Option pilots below them on the new seniority list.

The obvious thought is, "The Union" will never allow this to happen. Well let's think about that for a moment. If, just 60 to 80, Flight Options pilots decide to come to Flexjet and receive the higher salary and improved benefits the union will be in an unenviable position. If they ask for a determination of single carrier status, any reasonable person/judge would say "Yes" they are a single carrier. Heck, there will be Flexjet Challenger 300 pilots flying Flight Option planes/trips, and the 60 to 80 Flight Option pilots mentioned above will be on the Flexjet seniority list, but still flying their same Flight Options equipment.

So after it is determined we are a single carrier, the next step would be a vote for representation. Pilots on the Flexjet seniority list ( with higher salaries,and improved benefits) would now likely out number the unionized Flight Options pilots. I believe at that point a reasonable person would conclude the union would lose the vote.

It seems the union has a dilemma. Ask for single carrier status, win that decision, but then likely be voted out. Or standby and look impotent. It's tough for the union when the things you want for your pilots will soon be available to the Flight Option pilots by simply joining Flexjet.

I have to wave the BS flag on The Pilot’s Amigo and Mini Pooper. Their posts come straight from the Harry Reed (or IBT) playbook on how to smear and belittle opponents. They post these inane ramblings about KR without any knowledge or proof, see what the reaction is, and then make up more BS…pretty disgusting and idiotic.

I think it’s safe to say that most Flex pilots can distinguish between BS and shoe polish.

WL

Not to start an argument, but The Pilot's friend may have one point to his "inside info". Flops is already advertising and selling the CL 300 on their web page. So that does show where things may be headed. So just take all of the concrete info and make your own educated decision. There is just too much speculation on things we don't know. All this infighting is also pointless.

It appears, in the near future, Flight Options pilots will be offered the opportunity to join the Flexjet seniority list. These pilots will essentially be treated as new hires and move to the bottom of the Flexjet seniority list. However, on the plus side, they will move to Flexjet's higher pay scale and improved benefits package; i.e. 401K matching.
Flexjet has approximately 320 pilots, so if you are number 320 or below on Flight Options seniority list, why would you not jump at the opportunity to earn more money and better benefits while essentially maintaining a similar seniority number at Flexjet.

Additional motivation will be the sooner you join Flexjet, the higher you will be on Flexjet's seniority list. In other words, the first few Flight Options pilots to accept the offer could possibly wind up with the other 400 Flight Option pilots below them on the new seniority list.

The obvious thought is, "The Union" will never allow this to happen. Well let's think about that for a moment. If, just 60 to 80, Flight Options pilots decide to come to Flexjet and receive the higher salary and improved benefits the union will be in an unenviable position. If they ask for a determination of single carrier status, any reasonable person/judge would say "Yes" they are a single carrier. Heck, there will be Flexjet Challenger 300 pilots flying Flight Option planes/trips, and the 60 to 80 Flight Option pilots mentioned above will be on the Flexjet seniority list, but still flying their same Flight Options equipment.

So after it is determined we are a single carrier, the next step would be a vote for representation. Pilots on the Flexjet seniority list ( with higher salaries,and improved benefits) would now likely out number the unionized Flight Options pilots. I believe at that point a reasonable person would conclude the union would lose the vote.

It seems the union has a dilemma. Ask for single carrier status, win that decision, but then likely be voted out. Or standby and look impotent. It's tough for the union when the things you want for your pilots will soon be available to the Flight Option pilots by simply joining Flexjet.

If FO pilots were to accept to migrate to Flex the way this tool is explaining, wouldn't that ruin a pilot's career and leave them with a reputation simular to a scab?

If FO pilots were to accept to migrate to Flex the way this tool is explaining, wouldn't that ruin a pilot's career and leave them with a reputation simular to a scab?

No, they wouldn't be a scab. It would be like leaving an airline and coming to FJ. You are only a scab if you fly struck work.

That being said, I have not heard of this happening and doubt it is true....but weirder things have happened.

This is almost the exact opposite if the message you posted a few days ago. On that one you said good things are coming and to just hang and you implied that going non union was better for the options pilots. Now you're saying the opposite?

I too found his post confusing but, I did make some calls and confirmed the most important part, that being that KR got rid of his long time friend and business partner due to a question of ethics. CH was about the only pilot advocate in management who had any ethics and was respected by the pilots for that.

It may not be a big deal to the Flex pilots but, do you have any managers who will be willing to stand up to Kenn on behalf of the pilots if they had some ethical questions. Do you think that Diana will stand up for you now knowing how Kenn does away with anyone who has a backbone.

One thing is for sure, major changes will be coming to both pilot groups and I am not having a warm fuzzy feeling about what is coming down the pipe.

So in the last couple days we've had two new sign ups to flifo. One saying the flying will be transferred to options, one saying the options pilots will be transferred to flex.

I'm not sure a union will protect Flexjet Pilots from the previous scenario. As far as knowing what someone will or will not do is very difficult and hard to predict with accurancy. With that said, from a financial standpoint it does seem like a odd way to take apart a company, move all the flying slowly to the other company, why not just do it quick and get it over with. I wouldn't bet that the new management's intentions are to slowly take apart Flexjet as that does not seem sound to me. But who knows, maybe making sound decisions is not the goal.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back