• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just so the Flex pilots are a little better informed as to what happened at the Travel Air / Flight Options merger years ago.

Both pilot lists were combined using a DOH and a percentage placement in some sort of formula.

Since this was done before it set a precedence in the company so a straight DOH will probably not happen.
I suspect that a similar formula will be used so the Flex guys should not worry too much.
What I am certain of there will be pilots from both companies who will be upset after the decision is made.

If it is DOH, Flightoptions will have to redo their list to put the Travelair pilots back up to where they where hired. Only fair! More popcorn please.

Pretty much what I was thinking. I know a bunch of guys that received "New" date of hire dates after Ricci was done

DW has shed light into the conversations regarding Yammer and no she is not a liar. Your union put so many restrictions on how information would be given to you that it was technically not feasible. Since we couldn't abide by restrictions on how information had to pass through the union first the access was denied. Ask your union about that.

If their are changes to our schedule we do get to vote on it. I believe 8/7 is being considered to allow an increase in crew bases. Only those that choose to be based in the new bases would be subject to the new rules.

Since I don't want to move I would vote yes for that since it would benefit crew members who want new bases. Explain to me again how I am only looking out for myself.

Man I'm sorry you can't accept facts. I can show you a stack of emails that have come directly from our upper management and KR himself. There has never been any restrictions from the Union, she is lying again.

I know your type, you got hired at TWA, thought you would be a captain by now. Livin a good life, making money, big pension and retirement. Never thought something would happen to a Legacy carrier that was all ready in a downword spiral. Then AA came in and bought up the pieces, AA unions screwed every TWA pilot out there. You then had to be slinging gear at a crappy regional airline. Then came along Flex, again you thought mother Bombardier would take care of you, big pay, big planes, big retirement. Then just like before, they sold you out, and you are hoping it won't happen again, going back to slinging gear and working like a dog for crappy pay at a crappy regional.

I have not taken a scientific poll, but I have not talked to one person in the 300 that wants to merge and integrate with Flops. Even the most pro-union of guys that I have known for more than 15 years do not want a merger. I know the FOs don't as it could hurt their chances to upgrade. If Flops guys force the single carrier issue and then a merger, expect a decertification of IBT. The smart play would be to stay separate for now. That way Flops can keep IBT and we can keep the threat of union. If KR is as evil as you say, then you will see the 20-30% pro-union guys here jump to 50-60% and possibly a much more receptive crowd of pilots a few years down the road. But so far, all he has done to me is take away 100 of my banked sick days and give me a book. Let' see what happens before anybody makes any big drastic moves.

Yup I agree with what 350 said. Even guys who were pro union when it would have been just a flex union are not pro union in this case. And like he said the assumption is that if we vote no to the union, we will be allowed to stay separate. That would of course be good for us in a lot of ways. Maybe that's an incorrect assumption, I don't know. I'm sure those questions will be asked when it gets closer to a vote. But point is, there is not a lot of support at the moment for the 1108, even amongsts those that were pro union in the past. I'd rather see some long term fence agreements out in place and you guys can keep doing your hung and we will keep doing ours.

The best way to avoid anyone in either group from getting screwed is to not merge at all. You guys do your thing we'll do our's. As far as putting you guys on Yammer, I agree with some of the posts on there stating that we shouldn't allow FLOPs pilots on there anyway. Just like someone stated on there, when we're allowed to eaves drop on 1108 conversations then maybe you could be allowed to observe our's.

If Flops guys force the single carrier issue and then a merger, expect a decertification of IBT. The smart play would be to stay separate for now. s.

Once again, it is not the Flight Options pilots decision. It is our common owner Kenn Ricci who wants us combined. He already stated advertising the CL300 on the Flight Options web site.

Do you honestly believe that if there was no union he would keep the operations side separate? He is going to do what he wants union or no union.

We are just beginning to see some of the changes, only he knows what is next.
It if for this reason that the Flight Options pilots want to have a seat at the table when major decisions are made, we may not be able to change them but we might be able to negotiate something to make them more palatable.

The Company Decided to Integrate

Yup I agree with what 350 said. Even guys who were pro union when it would have been just a flex union are not pro union in this case. And like he said the assumption is that if we vote no to the union, we will be allowed to stay separate. That would of course be good for us in a lot of ways. Maybe that's an incorrect assumption, I don't know. I'm sure those questions will be asked when it gets closer to a vote. But point is, there is not a lot of support at the moment for the 1108, even amongsts those that were pro union in the past. I'd rather see some long term fence agreements out in place and you guys can keep doing your hung and we will keep doing ours.

The union did not initiate this integration of operations. The company did.

There seems to be a misconception that the union is the driving mechanism by which the two company operations are integrating. Not true.

The IBT did not acquire Flexjet. DAC and the associated holding companies did. The IBT did not state that operations would integrate. The company did. It was part of Kenn Ricci's (DAC Pricinpal) presentation to the Flight Options employees on February 11 and Flexjet employees on February 12. It was not only spoken words, but part of the PowerPoint slides. Clearly stating:

3Q 2014 Certificate Consolidation Begins.
4Q 2014 Operations Integration.

Don't point the finger at the IBT as the party "causing" the problem with regard to the merging of the two groups. Management initiated it and knew all of the cosequences.

Ok...ok. Let's take it further. The statement that "...if we vote no to the union, we will be allowed to stay separate" is flat out wrong! The two pilot seniority list WILL merge. Union or not union. The company is going to do that no matter what! The question is whether the combined group of pilots will have representational rights under the RLA.

Option 1: The IBT negotiates a fence agreement protecting BOTH pilot groups. The IBT files for a single carrier determination. A vote for representation occurs. The IBT prevails. Both operational and seniority integration occur. The combined pilot group (each with representatives on the negotiating committee) begin to negotiate a new CBA covering the post-merger pilot group. The seniority integration occurs in a fair and equitable manner (McCaskill-Bond).

Option 2: The IBT negotiates a fence agreement protecting BOTH pilot groups. The IBT files for a single carrier determination. A vote for representation occurs. The IBT does NOT prevail. BOTH pilot groups are now "at will" employees. Neither pilot group is covered by a CBA or is able to negotiate a new CBA. Operational and seniority integration will STILL occur. Seniority integration will still occur in a fair and equitable manner(McCaskill-Bond).

So, seniority integration is going to happen. Representation or not. With representation BOTH pilot groups will have a say in how it happens. Without representation...management will decide how it happens. And if a pilot doesn't like it...well, be prepared to file suit on your own. Good luck with that concept.

Both groups have a free choice as to their individual and combined futures. The union may or may not prevail. The integration WILL occur.

Carefully gather the facts and become educated in every aspect of this event. You and your family's futures depend on it.

Man I'm sorry you can't accept facts. I can show you a stack of emails that have come directly from our upper management and KR himself. There has never been any restrictions from the Union, she is lying again.

I know your type, you got hired at TWA, thought you would be a captain by now. Livin a good life, making money, big pension and retirement. Never thought something would happen to a Legacy carrier that was all ready in a downword spiral. Then AA came in and bought up the pieces, AA unions screwed every TWA pilot out there. You then had to be slinging gear at a crappy regional airline. Then came along Flex, again you thought mother Bombardier would take care of you, big pay, big planes, big retirement. Then just like before, they sold you out, and you are hoping it won't happen again, going back to slinging gear and working like a dog for crappy pay at a crappy regional.

I think you should stop calling your boss a liar. You do realize you work for DW now, right? You report to your company, who reports to JW who reports to DW. You seem to believe that being in a union allows you to speak to your boss in any way you like. Bet if you were sitting across from her at a table and not hiding behind a screen name your tone would be different.

I think Bombardier was actually holding FJ back. Under our current management and the financial backing DAC has given to FJ I think great things are in our future. We have tons of aircraft on order so we are looking at a good growth rate at FJ over the next several years.

Your doom and gloom really doesn't phase me since the FO pilots have no control over the FJ pilots future. You seem to have thus belief that because you have a union you have the control. That is not the case.

What if the union just doesn't petition the NMB for a single carrier status? We are under the impression that the company can not make this petition, and that only a single carrier ruling will lead to a merger. So I other words, the 1108 is forcing a merger by petitioning the NMB.

Latest resources

Back