• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet first year salary?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
44720 is year 2 FO pay (16day gurantee) as a Lear 40/45 FO you will not get anymore than 16

plus per diem
bonus is around 1500 for a FO
maybe a couple of days of overtime during the busy season

The POS plan is 120/month for a family, the other plans are cheaper and the POS is cheaper depending on who you have on it (it is pretty much your standard isurance) Yes for the guys bashing the insurance I was on a HMO through my wife's insurance when she worked at a defense contractor and it was much better but it cost about 100/week for the family plan, so you get what you pay for

Walsh,

While I have been among the most anti union person around, I must admit that it is getting more and more like a good option. The thing that bothers me most is that of the rumored NJA purchase of Flex. If that happens, you can kiss that forth strip goodbye due to our being stapled to the bottom of the list.

When we were being potentially bought by Penske, there were no representatives for the pilots there. We would have taken what Penske gave us. I must admit that a union would stop that.

And just where is that fourth stripe going to go? Would NJA have trained 60 crews waiting in the wings if they bought Flex? The thing has to keep rolling you know.

Walsh,
enjoy fishing for turds. I want no part of the 60.

Granted I haven't talked to every pilot we have but the ones I have, and this topic comes up don't want a union. And just to be clear my "if you don't like it then leave attitude" is meant for you to leave the industry not go start over again on the bottom of some other list where your not going to be happy either. This life is too short to not enjoy your job.

I don't buy any rumor that they want to us, it goes along with they want options and shares as well. But if we unionize with them we might as well have been bought cause we will still be the unwanted stepchild.

And fishing for turds is just half the fun.

This life is too short to not enjoy your job.

Agreed, along with the time spent with family and good friends.

I don't buy any rumor that they want to us, it goes along with they want options and shares as well.

I agree on that, too.

But if we unionize with them we might as well have been bought cause we will still be the unwanted stepchild.

I'm curious as to why you feel that the Flex pilots would be "the unwanted stephchild" if 1108 is voted in. From what 1108's leadership has said, Flex's pilots wouldn't be at all lesser participants in the union nor would they receive lesser efforts from the leadership of 1108.

I'm curious as to why you feel that the Flex pilots would be "the unwanted stephchild" if 1108 is voted in. From what 1108's leadership has said, Flex's pilots wouldn't be at all lesser participants in the union nor would they receive lesser efforts from the leadership of 1108.

What makes a unions leadership any different than a companies. They are both out do do nothing more than make money off of our hard work. So why should I believe what the union says? When things go bad they will put all there effort into helping the group that gives them more money. Where does that leave us at Flex? From what I have lived through, it takes money from us while the bigger group makes more money. You can try and tell me that they are different than ALPA, but a union is a union no matter what they tell you.

Walsh,

did you ever get the extra insurance ALPA offered? or did you use their on call doctors when you had a medical question? did you ever grieve something that you think the company owed you, or when you think they broke a rule? Did you ever jumpseat on anybody back before the CASS days?

I did... add in the job protection and I'd say the 2% was well worth it. And, I even got 5% off my cingular bill thanks to ALPA.

not saying ALPA was the greatest thing, but I'm saying it was better than being non-union. I'm leaning towards the same thing here. Teamsters may not be the all good, but the good might outweigh the bad. simple as that.

Walsh, I got a feeling that IBT 1108 may be the wave of the future at Flex. You may want to jump over to Citation Shares, where everybody is singing and jumping with joy with their current working conditions.
Good Luck !!

What makes a unions leadership any different than a companies. They are both out do do nothing more than make money off of our hard work. So why should I believe what the union says? When things go bad they will put all there effort into helping the group that gives them more money. Where does that leave us at Flex? From what I have lived through, it takes money from us while the bigger group makes more money. You can try and tell me that they are different than ALPA, but a union is a union no matter what they tell you.

And yet, the NJA/NJI integration will be done by DOH. That's with the NJI pilots who are not paying any union dues at this time. If Flex pilots vote for 1108 representation and start paying dues, why would you reasonably expect a worse deal than the NJI pilots will get?

Hey you guys lay off Walsh. He's in a strange position on this board because his name is his call sign. he can't really say too much on here without catching some flak at work. Plus, he'll come around when its time to vote.

Hey Mr Ed(moss), whatever! The crew meals not showing up has been a real problem for us lately too.

Latest resources

Back