• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet first year salary?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would disagree with the 100-120 aircraft statement. I see flexjet getting to around 800 pilots in the next 5 years. That's a pure guess because management will not tell us what our 5 year plan is. We have almost 500 pilots now. I will say, go easy on Walsh. He hasn't worked at Flex long enough to feel the inadequacy of our compensation and benefits. After working here a few more years and busting his hump for less wages, he'll grow up and realize what it is he works for.

Oh, first year wages are around 40k. The added bonuses to the salary are: floating rest, Holiday Inns, and 3am wake up calls...

Make sure you take into account the cost of the insurance. When I got my "raise" the additional cost of insurance ate it up fast.

WOW a simply specific question about a specific company and some nut job that can't read has to chime in with something that has been beat to death by these union loving idiots. If you want to talk about your precious union there is your own section for that. Use it.

Why is it that people can't have a choice about weather they want to work for a union shop or not. you have a union we don't, that way there is a choice. Or are we not allowed to have that anymore, I didn't get a memo.

Easy there big guy!! The only hostile guy here seems to be you. That's twice you've called us idiots. Let's end the name calling and have a civil chat; list pros and cons about a union, without emotion. And, we will all be able to make logical decision.

Enjoy 60 school and welcome to captainhood!

Last edited:
Vette, You are right on ..... about the insurance side of the equation. I'm riding along on my wife's policy as a dependent because the Flex benefits aren't really worth having. The shame of it is, that I'm flying this rotation with a guy who has no idea of what he should choose during this this year's open enrollment period because the options that are offered are so sub-standard, and he doesn't even know it. He has a family to support, but I just have to make it to Medicare. Good luck.

Let me diffuse this worthless argument by thanking the NJ pilot who gave me and my FO their crew meals last week at KLAX. Our catering almost didn't show up. It would been a long flight to KDPA with no food. Great Cobb salad! Appreciated it. Thanks. That's the brotherhood that counts!

Ill go easy when people just stick to the topics, and the questions that are asked. This thread is about first year pay at Flex Jet, and nothing else. Every thread on here that has Flex Jet in it always has someone saying how bad it is here, and how we need to have a union. We don't all need to be the same.

If you work here and don't like it then quit. If you don't work here then I don't see why you have to always put us down.

About insurance: My wife pays 3 times as much for the same insurance we get, and she works for the worlds second largest bank.
Could it be better? Yes, but couldn't everything?

Now to answer this question. First year gross pay 42,000 with only 1 overtime day and average about 16 days per bid. Didn't track my per diem but probably 5,000 plus. Don't remember how big the bonus was but my wife spent it before I got it any way.

60 school has been fun its a great aircraft but I miss my 300

Ditto on the "good life" in the 300 Walshie! I miss it too, but every other Thursday I miss it a little less.

Every thread on here that has Flex Jet in it always has someone saying how bad it is here, and how we need to have a union. We don't all need to be the same.

If you work here and don't like it then quit. If you don't work here then I don't see why you have to always put us down.

Walsh, there is a reason that people keep saying that, and it is because the majority of Flex pilots now think that we need a union.

Your "if you dont like it then leave" attitude is, in my opinion, a bit on the childish side. Surely you must agree that seniority is like gold in this industry right? If I have been here 5 years, but decide I'm not too happy, am I better off trying to improve things or give up my seniority and start over at the bottom somewhere else? Pretty much anywhere I decide to go to will mean I take a pay cut and get reserve schedules. Its called the golden hand cuffs. I'm stuck here because of the seniority I have built.

So, like many others, I have decided to stay and just hope for improvements. In my case, I believe that the best way, if not the only way, to improve our Pay/benefits/QOL is through a union.

More and more people are jumping over to the same side of the fence as me. A union will benefit us all, just the way it benefited NJ. Simple as that in my mind. I dont see any downside to it anymore. none....

check it out: http://www.ibt1108.org/

Latest resources

Back