• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet DO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Showing your a$$ on an aviation gossip board is a funny way of supporting the Flex pilot group.

I'm well aware of how the shell game is played with regard to aircraft orders. I'm also aware of the fact that Flex is in the process of turning over its fleet, retiring the 60 and bringing the 85 in. Additionally we are out of inventory to sell so we need the extra airframes. All of that was before KR laid his hands on us. I realize that you're not privy to that kind of thing, but perhaps some folks know wtf they are talking about.

As for Flex pilots buying in to KR's spiel....you're ill informed on that account as well.

A bit touchy aren't you? When I suggest the $2B+ order is mostly about PR, why do you get so upset, then say you are well aware of how it works in your next post? It is a bit naive to think nothing about the companies plans will change from "before KR laid his hands on us". I never said all, or even most of the Flex pilots were buying KR's B.S., just a few. FYI, I was trying to support the pilots at Flexjet by making them aware of KR's history, and what they might be in for. I hope that I am wrong and KR treats you all great and delivers on all his promises, but his past would suggest otherwise. So, carry-on, beLIEve what you what, and I'll try not to spoil the grand illusion of Flexjet's new rosy future that KR will continue to paint for you. Good Luck to all the Flex pilots, including you.

The question posed was "Why would Bombardier sell off a profitable division?". The answer, as you have now missed twice, is money. Perhaps you think $180 M is a fair price for 80 new to used private jet aircraft, mx inventory, logistical support and owner contracts. Or perhaps you can figure out that BBA decided to make new aircraft sales a part of the agreement. Once again, turning over the fleet and adding additional airframes for inventory was in the works before the purchase. The time frame has simply been accelerated and our used aircraft now have a guaranteed refurbisher and buyer in the DAC family.

I'm a little touchy because I'm good and damn tired of the Flops group spastically throwing themselves at our group on message boards, fbo's, hotels and shuttles to spread the news that KR is untrustworthy. No s**t. That was known when we were bought. Sure, some are gobbling it up. Some always will. Most of us know better. And most of us know there's not a thing we can do about it.

Yeah, I know, organize. You don't know the Flex pilot group if you think that will happen short of our benefits package being rolled back to Flops' standard. I'd be more concerned about our former DO being hired by DAC to break your union if I were you.

Last edited:
I'd be more concerned about our former DO being hired by DAC to break your union if I were you.

Ricci is doing a fine job of that on his own..your DO is not needed for that. But he will be used until Ricci decides to replace him with one of his loyal henchman.

Former DO. Reading is fundamental.

No, we don't do anything other than .299 rides in the planes.

Some terms you might want to familiarize yourself with-
1. Could not duplicate
2. No defects noted
3. You have received this 10 in 24 warning
4. To be followed by another 10 in 24 warning
5. Realistically scheduled
6. 4 pilots per airplane crew ratio and were overstaffed or surplus
7. Sorry your the only plane we have to cover this trip
8. Sorry your PTO was denied due to understaffing
9. Generator, PAC and aux hyd pump removed from N? and installed on N?
10. Unfortunately we have to suspend your 401K match at this time for the next 5 years
even though we're profitable.
11. From Bob R, "please kindly call"
12. This item was placed on the NEF list - for 2 years
13. Ops check good
14. Complacency
15. Min rest
16. Your sick, we need a doctors note
17. Sorry but due to schedule change we cannot accommodate crew meals on this leg
18. To be followed by " we will try to get them after your next 4 hour leg"
19. CGF1 Arrival

Our maintenance department is great. Our stats speak for themselves (everything is high 90%). If we write something up it gets fixed or covered by another airplane. Why would KR suddenly instruct our maintenance folks to not try as hard? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, we never had a PTO system until now, so it can't get worse. Same with crew meals, they have more or less sucked, can only get better. Some have been asked for a doctors note, nothing new there. And we get min rested too. Nothing new there. We're already running as a well oiled machine, there is no need to get more productively out of the operation so why change anything?

For all you options doom and gloomers, yeah we hear you, but there's no point in continually warning us how screwed we are gonna get. Lets just wait and see.

Our maintenance department is great. Our stats speak for themselves (everything is high 90%). If we write something up it gets fixed or covered by another airplane. Why would KR suddenly instruct our maintenance folks to not try as hard? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, we never had a PTO system until now, so it can't get worse. Same with crew meals, they have more or less sucked, can only get better. Some have been asked for a doctors note, nothing new there. And we get min rested too. Nothing new there. We're already running as a well oiled machine, there is no need to get more productively out of the operation so why change anything?

For all you options doom and gloomers, yeah we hear you, but there's no point in continually warning us how screwed we are gonna get.
Lets just wait and see

That last sentence is what scares me the most reguarding FLEX guys!

Latest resources

Back