• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Designator

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regarding the use of allocated callsigns for Part 91 operators, I've seen John Deere use the "JDC" designator domestically and Shell use the "SHE" for trips accross the Atlantic to/from Rotterdam. Isn't Shell a 91 operation ?

hawkerflyer said:
Regarding the use of allocated callsigns for Part 91 operators, I've seen John Deere use the "JDC" designator domestically and Shell use the "SHE" for trips accross the Atlantic to/from Rotterdam. Isn't Shell a 91 operation ?

Thanks for the info, I will pass this along to the higher authorities.

dsptchrNJA said:
INTL ATC doesn't recognize non-121 call signs. US ATC recognizes call signs for 121 and 135 operators.

We use our callsign (135 Ops) in Europe, Caribbean, and South America without any issues. I do remember something about an ICAO approval when filing the paperwork.

dsptchrNJA said:
You won't get a callsign authorized until you get a 135 certificate.
QUOTE]

Not true. We used a "callsign" previous to getting our Pt 135 certificate. This was also before 91K started. Don't know the details though.

X

Geronimo4497 said:
Alpha Flying out of MHT. 16 PC-12s that look just like the one in the picture and 3 or 4 that we lease on occasion. Only PC-12s, and I hope it stay that way. Let me rephrase, I hope we stay single engine / STOL capable. Perhaps a PC-14 someday!:D

Gotta love PC-12's.

Just stay away from the H400XP if you ever do go dual engine!!!

Last edited:
dsptchrNJA said:
Gotta love PC-12's.

Just stay away from the H400XP if you ever do go dual engine!!!

I'm sure that won't be a problem. Does anyone acutally, you know, enjoy flying that machine? All I hear are complaints. I would think it would be a good "first jet" for someone to cut their teeth on.

Latest resources

Back