Flexjet Designator

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Geronimo4497

Am I correct in assuming that "lxj" is the ident. for flexjet when watching flight tracker programs?

Also, why do some the of planes flying under the 'LXJxxx' designator while other fly under the standard 'NxxxFX" tail number?

Thanks

Can somebody explain why Flexjet and NetJets use NXXXQS and NXXXFX for Int'l Ops? We use our callsign all over the world with a small fleet. Just curious.

Tail numbers

Flexjet uses N___FX for demo flights, International flights (because our callsign is not recognized over seas), and all 135 trips.

mike1mc said:
Can somebody explain why Flexjet and NetJets use NXXXQS and NXXXFX for Int'l Ops? We use our callsign all over the world with a small fleet. Just curious.

INTL ATC doesn't recognize non-121 call signs. US ATC recognizes call signs for 121 and 135 operators.

AirChef said:
Flexjet uses N___FX for demo flights, International flights (because our callsign is not recognized over seas), and all 135 trips.

dsptchrNJA said:
INTL ATC doesn't recognize non-121 call signs. US ATC recognizes call signs for 121 and 135 operators.

Thanks, and Thanks! Makes sense. So as I understand it now, all aircraft using a charter card, no matter the FRAX provider, uses a tail # for those "non-owner" missions?

We are trying to get a call sign designator for our outfit, but since we are strictly a 91(K) operation, the feds are saying NO. :(

Actually we use the callsign for part 91 domestic flights also to keep it standardized.

You won't get a callsign authorized until you get a 135 certificate.

What 91K operation are you? PC-12's only?

Alpha Flying out of MHT. 16 PC-12s that look just like the one in the picture and 3 or 4 that we lease on occasion. Only PC-12s, and I hope it stay that way. Let me rephrase, I hope we stay single engine / STOL capable. Perhaps a PC-14 someday!:D

Latest resources

Back