• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Card Drive?? Help Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's clear why all the big fuss about this union thing. NJA found success, finally, with a union. That, in turn, raised the bar for the fractional business. Does that mean everyone else will be as successful? Not really, but when one finds something that works, everone likes to spread the word about it. It could be a great new car, vacuum cleaner, laundry soap, or whatever.

NJA was the first to secure a good package, in writing. CS followed suit without the written word, and I hope it lasts. Flex and FLOPS got screwed. Who knows what will happen to the rest. What bothers me most on this side are those that want to be glorified for a team effort that worked for us. To me, this isn't about taking credit, but rather sharing a recipe for success.

The wonderful thing about organizing or not is that everyone has a vote. Those strongly for and against wish that weren't the case. If it doesn't work out, you can always reverse the course, again with that one vote each. I see responses from people like TH and can only come to one conclusion. Management. Anyone notice how quickly the NJA anti-union retoric dissapeared after the the new CBA was ratified?

flexlrpilot357 said:
Open up an economics textbook

Open a business, tax and/or labor relations textbook and read how businesses benefit from showing losses. Do you think for a second that a company that can spend money to grow and expand will keep that money to pay labor when it can instead show a loss, claim it as such and say, "we can't pay you, because we're broke?"

Did that Buffett announcement tell you how much money was spent in European operations? Where did that money come from? Should the pilots sacrifice every year to support unlimited gowth? Or should some growth be slowed to provide labor with decent compensation? In other words, are you willing to keep sacrificing forever while your company spends money elsewhere? Labor is a cost of doing business.... open a business textbook and check it out for yourself.

What a good idea!

Turbinehead, posted definitions of the two positions side by side so everyone could judge (easily) for themselves :) Let's not disappoint him by ignoring his farewell post. Read both meanings carefully and cast your vote according to your convictions!

3 cheers for the union side!

C HANCE FOR A BETTER FUTURE
A LTERNATIVE TO THE STATUS QUO
R IGHT OF EVERY FLEX PILOT TO ORGANIZE
D ECISION TO STAND UP FOR PILOTS/FAMILIES
S TART OF A PROCESS THAT LEADS TO IMPROVEMENT

anti-union side

C rap
A nd
R hoid
D isposal
S ystem

Consider your choice, wisely. Your future depends on it.

Happy Now?

GuyBehindTheGuy said:
I know that quote from japhy sounds harsh, but it's the truth. Life is too good and too short to be miserable at a job. If you're not happy at FlexJet, then go where you'll be the happiest. If you're not happy at NetJets, then why stay? If you're not happy flipping burgers or driving a truck for a living, then make the change. Ball is in your court!

I'm happy here at FlexJet and am looking forward to the meeting info tomorrow. One more thing...YES, thank you Strong Union...you guys have greatly impacted this industry! I just don't believe that we need a union over at FlexJet.

Fly safe!

I hope you're still happy. You just got handed a steamin' pile of Cr@p. I hope you're bright enough to see it. Most of us at the meeting saw right through it.

This love it or leave it philosophy I keep hearing from guys like you just doesn't hold water. How many jobs have you gone thru to be at your Dream Job now?

If there it something wrong, you work to fix it. I've invested years of my life here. Why go somewhere else and start over? The problems here can be fixed. Mngmt has not found an acceptable way to fix them. It's up to us. You can use your vote to make things better. Or, you can sit back and let us do the work for you. Either way, you will reap the rewards.

Thanx Netjetwife for the Great CARDS show down. These guys just need to get a clue.

Turbinehead said:
C rap
A nd
R hoid
D isposal
S ystem

With the Floptions vote forthcoming, this board is going to turn into a battle zone. I for one will not participate any more. Im gone.

But I pray for all of you Options pilots. Best of luck sisters.

OUT

Turbinehead,

Have you ever heard the expression: "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight?" Obviously not, because in terms of intellect, Netjetwife is armed with a Heckler and Koch MP-5, and you're holding a butter knife. She has been pumping rounds into your sophmoric, half wit posts at will. Why don't you just take a minute, and actually read some of the things she has written. She provides some real insight to what the NJA pilots have been through, and even you could possibly learn some things about the labor relations process, and how it has affected the pilots there.

Whats funny is she is more in tune to what's going on in our industry than a lot of these guys. I think its great!

One reason to have a union

Aviation International News, January10, 2006
A NetJets Citation 560 sustained substantial damage when its right wing contacted Runway 36 during landing at Lakeland Airport, Minocqua, Wis. The twinjet subsequently went off the runway and hit a snow bank, but the two pilots and five passengers on board were not injured.

Last edited:
miles otoole said:
A NetJets Citation 560 sustained substantial damage when its right wing contacted Runway 36 during landing at Lakeland Airport, Minocqua, Wis. The twinjet subsequently went off the runway and hit a snow bank, but the two pilots and five passengers on board were not injured.

If you're going to quote something from a newspaper, wire service, or an online magazine, how about listing its source please?

miles otoole said:
Aviation International News, January10, 2006

He did.

Actually, I edited it after Archie Bunker said something. Sorry. BTW, no need to get excited XP-you must be needing a hug from some union out there.

Latest resources

Back