• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet - Anything New???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are in rest at 1700 (if not later depending on the day) then 10 hours later which is 0300 they can call you. I do not get why that is rolling rest?

Rolling rest would be if you are setting in the hotel doing nothing and they call you and put you on duty at noon then you are good for 14 hours from that point.

It does not seem that bad to me as I can not switch my sleeping habits in a day anyway. I do not wake up at 7AM when I have no trips assigned. So what is the difference?

I would say if you want a fixed schedule FlexJet is not the place for you.

Last edited:
Rolling rest would be if you are setting in the hotel doing nothing and they call you and put you on duty at noon then you are good for 14 hours from that point.

That is exactly what there policy is and is what they can do. The early morning wake up calls are not the only issue here, they can also change your morning start to as late as they want and then from that point you are good for 14 hrs.

Also they can begin to try to contact you after 8hrs. rest, so into rest at 1700 phone can start ringing at 0100 for a showtime/duty start of 0300.

Rolling/Floating enough for you yet?

by definition if u are not in rest u are on duty. So if one is required to answer the phone if it rings at 3 am you are on duty reguardless of what time your "show time is". So being required to answer a potential phone call at 3 am while having a show time at noon, you would technically have been on duty for 9 hours at you noon show time. If you are required to answer the phone you are NOT in rest.

You are in rest at 1700 (if not later depending on the day) then 10 hours later which is 0300 they can call you. I do not get why that is rolling rest?

It does not seem that bad to me as I can not switch my sleeping habits in a day anyway. I do not wake up at 7AM when I have no trips assigned. So what is the difference?

I would say if you want a fixed schedule FlexJet is not the place for you.

Please sign up for the new "I'm available and happy to answer anytime you might call" list that the CAB is proposing. Good grief.

It doesn't bother you that if your 14hour day is scheduled to start at 2pm, and you plan your rest accordingly, that they can and will call you at 1am for a 3am show? That is rolling rest, and it is unacceptable. Maybe you can force yourself asleep by 6pm in order to get some semblance of rest for the possible 1am phone call, but many can not, and should not.

Rolling rest means that you are available at 0001 lcl when on home reserve unless otherwise notified. Are you really getting good rest starting at 2pm? Why do you think that it's your responsibility to put yourself in rest?

I realize that the only thing that matters to you is first and last day work rules as you've made it clear on the BB, but our rest rules are unsafe, illegal, and below industry standards. It's not just us union folk who say that either. The federalies share that sentiment, and it's why we'll be doing crew rot in the near future. At least I'll know when I'm supposed to be sleeping though.

If you do not have a next day assignment then you have to answer the phone (after 10 hours.). If you do have a show time, let it ring.

The new e-mail that came out today is bogus, just lipstick on a pig. DG said that rest rules were a number one priority for the first quarter of 2008. Here we are 3 months later and there has been nothing but BS. They have had meetings to decide when to have a meeting to decide on the meeting times for the comittee that was formed to pick the comitee to schedule the meetings to throughly confuse us all! 3 more months of getting blown out of bed at 3am while we are suppose to be patient and await DG's decision. The rest rules comittee is just there to apease the pilot group. Whens it going to end, when we have an accident or incident?

Yeah the rest rule that just came out only addresses days that you don't even work. The biggest problem are days that we DO WORK. DUH.

What we really need is that rule applied to days that we DO have an assignment.

If I have no assignment tomorrow while out on the road, why do I care when my rest ends? I mean, I'll take that rule but, it's worthless unless they apply it to days that we DO WORK.

The new e-mail that came out today is bogus, just lipstick on a pig. DG said that rest rules were a number one priority for the first quarter of 2008. Here we are 3 months later and there has been nothing but BS. They have had meetings to decide when to have a meeting to decide on the meeting times for the comittee that was formed to pick the comitee to schedule the meetings to throughly confuse us all! 3 more months of getting blown out of bed at 3am while we are suppose to be patient and await DG's decision. The rest rules comittee is just there to apease the pilot group. Whens it going to end, when we have an accident or incident?

Pretty pathetic, a play right out of the playbook. Seems to me nothing will change the companies game unless it's an outside force. Now where could that outside force come from.................................................? Hmmmm.

FJP4, was I too quick to offer congratulations to the Flex pilots on another thread that made things sounding promising and right on track? Speaking of, the pathway to a contract is usually paved with broken promises. Not exactly the same thing, huh? If you guys posting here have time, I'd appreciate hearing your viewpoint on the status of affairs at Flex. Regards, NJW

Latest resources

Back