• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet - Anything New???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ohhh that's right. Thanks for the reminder. :) Doesn't sound to me like it's a matter of not being able to pay the pilots professional wages. I think the case is more along the lines of won't rather than can't...:rolleyes: :mad:

Doyle and all,

I can tell you that the headshed is in fact working out the duty rest issues. We had a crew land in CA somewhere at around 1600 local. Dispatch told them that they were off duy at 1700 and were in crew rest at 2100. Their trips were the next day start at 0800. If you do the math, they were given 10 hours of uninterupted rest with hard duty assignment the next day.

Another crew had the same senario happen and their trips cancelled. They received the call from dispatch at the 10 hour mark informing them of the cancellation and that they were going to be on airport reserve.

From what I am told from dispatch, they are trying to emulate (sp?) the work rules that NJA currently has. Will it get turned on in the next 12 days? Your guess is as good as anyone elses, but they are working it as we type and read this board.

You're right, Flexjet is absolutely not a bad place to be. It is right on the brink of being "really good" as opposed to what it is right now, "ok".

I remember an email from DG early this year that he wanted new rest rules by the end of the first quarter this year. Hmm, thats getting close isn't it? No word yet.

If we could get REAL REST RULES and not, "here's $200 for your troubles", this place would be vastly improved. How many times have we all now had 501AM start times now that the $200 "rule" went into effect??

I hope you're right; however, their right to contact us after 8 hours is a violation of FAA rules. The electronic messages that they say do not interrupt rest, do. These 2 things MUST go away.

When I have a day that they tell me at 12pm, "we don't have anything for you today", and then they call me at 7pm for a position leg, that's rolling rest in my opinion. If you don't have any trips for me today, release me. Don't put me in rest at 5pm that day because, haven't I been in rest?? No one knows. This kind of stuff must go away and fast.

Getting 6 different assignments for my first day all the way until 10pm on my last day off is WRONG. When I get 7 or 8 different messages on my phone for 6 hours on my last day off, ISN'T A DAY OFF.

I will be shocked if they fix these problems. The rumor I keep hearing though is that the FAA is pushing this and not the company. Or, more importantly, pushing the company to do it. Has anyone else heard this?

I truly hope that the company is serious about making positive changes regarding this because it IS a safety issue and not just us whining. Lets see what happens.

Last edited:
I completely agree with your assessment of rolling rest. I just wanted you and others to know that it is in fact being addressed. Is the FAA pushing it? Who knows, but it is at least being addressed. Just one more good thing about the company that is either coming or here.

Fly safe.

CL300Pilot

I hope you're right; however, their right to contact us after 8 hours is a violation of FAA rules. The electronic messages that they say do not interrupt rest, do. These 2 things MUST go away.

When I have a day that they tell me at 12pm, "we don't have anything for you today", and then they call me at 7pm for a position leg, that's rolling rest in my opinion. If you don't have any trips for me today, release me. Don't put me in rest at 5pm that day because, haven't I been in rest?? No one knows. This kind of stuff must go away and fast.

Getting 6 different assignments for my first day all the way until 10pm on my last day off is WRONG. When I get 7 or 8 different messages on my phone for 6 hours on my last day off, ISN'T A DAY OFF.

I will be shocked if they fix these problems. The rumor I keep hearing though is that the FAA is pushing this and not the company. Or, more importantly, pushing the company to do it. Has anyone else heard this?

I truly hope that the company is serious about making positive changes regarding this because it IS a safety issue and not just us whining. Lets see what happens.

There are a lot of FOs making year 3 pay (2 plus years with the company)...by the end of April there will be 40 FOs on year 3 pay or 11% of the pilot group

as stated upgrades have stopped and the newest captains have a hire date of Jan 2006

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong...
I am one of several that is in the 1st class of Jan. 2006 and to my knowledge no one in that class has upgraded. IE, no one is acting as PIC or being paid as a Captain. We are all standing by waiting for a phone call. The current seniority list show the last upgrade as a class of Dec. 2005.

Latest resources

Back