• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet and a slow death.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're recalling/hiring in case anyone had any further doubts about our early demise.

Sweet, Of course theyre going to do the right thing and put those challenger 300 slots up for bid so that the trapped Lear trash can transition? That caused a moral issue the last time and, would be worth the cost in the long run..Im just saying!

Sweet, Of course theyre going to do the right thing and put those challenger 300 slots up for bid so that the trapped Lear trash can transition? That caused a moral issue the last time and, would be worth the cost in the long run..Im just saying!

Your hopes, don't get them up.

Since FOs are paid the same regardless of equipment type, they are assigned by the company as needed. Occasionally if a fleet is "over staffed", the company may transition FOs to a different fleet, usually in seniority order. Sometimes, rarely, FOs from a fleet bid to move to a different fleet. Voluntary movements incur a seat lock, moves at the company's desire do not. Upgrades are in seniority order.

The irony of a thread titled "Flexjet and a slow death" announcing recalls/hiring vs the thread titled "NJ Recalls" that spends 28+ pages talking about NO recalls is typical of Flightinfo.

Let me clarify. It was announced that recalls/new hires would be used to fill the open Challenger slots, but that a chance to transition would occur later in the year as the fleet plan begins to see fruition and attrition continues. They're not going to pay for two training events when they can fill their holes with one.

Last edited:
We're recalling/hiring in case anyone had any further doubts about our early demise.

My wife was furloughed from a previous airline. A year later, she was recalled. A week into MD-80 school, the instructor walked in and said "go home folks, your company is shutting the doors."

Not trying to be Debby Downer and I hope Flex really is on the road to recovery.

I would just be careful on how much importance I would assign to a recall when honestly evaluating my company's prospects.

My wife was furloughed from a previous airline. A year later, she was recalled. A week into MD-80 school, the instructor walked in and said "go home folks, your company is shutting the doors."

Not trying to be Debby Downer and I hope Flex really is on the road to recovery.

I would just be careful on how much importance I would assign to a recall when honestly evaluating my company's prospects.

It was more of a shot across the bow at those claiming we were being bought by Floptions and would be all out on the street because we're non union.

Flex recalled and furloughed the same cats in a short period very recently. This quarter's bottom line was very, very healthy.

I was contacted yesterday about coming back...... The previous rehire/furlough does have me a little unsure though.

The way the bring back was offered though is very good.

Latest resources

Back