FlexJet and a slow death.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many recalls to AA?
Chatting with a AA pilot on a flight last week, he told me there are 40 recalls per month in class, and there are 1200 pilots who have not accepted recall. He said by November everyone who has expressed a desire to return should be back on the payroll. He indicated in November the 1200 will be given one last shot at accepting a return before hiring off the street starts. Also heard that Express Jet had a 100% no show for a class last week.

.He indicated in November the 1200 will be given one last shot at accepting a return before hiring off the street starts.

An AA collegue of mine explained those that turned down the recall have 3 years from the date of the most junior pilot recalled, which happened last week.

100% no show? Damn is that sending a message or what-

An AA collegue of mine explained those that turned down the recall have 3 years from the date of the most junior pilot recalled, which happened last week.

That is right. It's contractually spelled out that way and anyone who flies for AA knows this cold. It also has nothing to do with when AA actually starts hiring new bodies, which is rumored to begin this summer with newbie classes in the fall.

YIP is wrong as usual...

Last edited:
Dude, while our pay does suck, you realize that those on the 15/13 schedule (no 14/14...get your facts straight before throwing rocks) bid for that schedule, right? Don't want to work doubles? then don't bid for it! It's that simple.

Yep,throwing rocks from my glass house again..My fault on the facts.

Last edited:
You had to bump it 'cause none of us have the time to post. 12-14 hours days is the new normal. Appreciation tokens for all.

Latest resources

Back