• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet and a slow death.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My personal opinion is that Flex, FLOPS and even NJA are always for sale for the right price. Bottom line is that whether any of us are for sale or not, all we can do is do our jobs. If you feel that the company you work for is doomed, do yourself a favor and find another job so that you don't have to worry about whether your fractional will be there or not. This is not a leave if you don't like it post, just a plain matter of fact. Either way, we ALL will have to deal with whatever cards we are dealt.

You are 100% correct

Warren Buffett said "the airlines haven't made a nickel since the Wright Brothers' first flight"

we are only 1% of his Berkshire Hathaway empire which has a market cap of $421 billion, I'm sure he would sells us in a New York minute if the price was right

XO jet owned by private equity. (very aggressive)

Flex Owned by Bombardier French Canadian's Flex is screwed.

Flex management cant make a decision with out PB approval.

Hoover: Will you tell those a-holes to shut up?
Boon: Hey! Shut up you a-holes!
I hope all of you are happy with your lives. Comair Refugees especially!!

Flex has to bring people back, the attrition is growing every day with guys getting hired by legacy's and recalls to AA.

If you got recalled and have no flying job take the recall if thats what you want. J
ust keep looking for a better place. Flexjet= Stagnation no upgrades.

XOJET 18 months to upgrade and there buying Flexjets Used Challengers.

Wow 18 months to upgrade! Sign me up!

Flex is for sale. Word is Directional Capital turned it down because Bombardier wanted to much for it.

Anything is possible on what would happen. Look at Flops. They have been owned by Corp Wings, Brantley Investors, HIG, Resiliance Capital, Raytheon, and Directional Capital.

The unknown question is how it will be sold. Will it operate as is or will it be absorbed with another competitor?

Dude, while our pay does suck, you realize that those on the 15/13 schedule (no 14/14...get your facts straight before throwing rocks) bid for that schedule, right? Don't want to work doubles? then don't bid for it! It's that simple.

You realize that you just said, that pay does suck at XO.

Do you think that it will change, or are you looking for another job?

Or are you just resigned?

I know exactly what I said. Have you heard me argue the contrary?

To answer your other questions...yes, recent changes in upper mgmt have me feeling a tiny bit more optimistic things will improve. Time will tell, but he has said the right things and asked the right questions. Next question...I don't know of a single captain who isn't looking. Am I resigned? Hell no I'm not resigned. Far too young for that.

There was an immediate class for four recalls in two weeks. Unsure if future classes right now.

Double digits before the year is over.

Latest resources

Back