• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A new FO who bids down to 14 to match NetJets 7/7 schedule would make $4300 less. On top of that you pay out more for benefits and get less match on your 401k. Looks like no raises this year even NetJets will get a COLA, but there will be a bonus. Oh, and don't forget no sick days for new hires either. Not a bad place to work but those are the facts of the matter.

How much of that $4300 goes toward union dues?

None.

Union dues is about the same as medicare tax. Less than you pay for health insurance.

When ONE of 10 holidays falls on your NORMAL SCHEDULE... you receive Holiday pay ... Working 2 Holidays (that happen to fall on your normal schedule) pays more than a yr of union dues.

On average you will work 5 holidays a yr on your normal work schedule. So the union dues PAYS a 250% return just on holidays.

"What's in your Wallet?"

Last edited:
None.

When ONE of 10 holidays falls on your NORMAL SCHEDULE... Holiday pay ... pays more than a yr of union dues.

On average you will work 5 holidays a yr on your normal work schedule. So the union dues PAYS a 500% return just on holidays.

"What's in your Wallet?"

Just wondering how much it was since I've never worked a union job (military, self employed and 135).

Flex guys this arguement is futile. Let's just admit that NJA has it better. I stay at Flex simply because I like it here. But I'm not going to say I have it better here than I would at nja.

Just wondering how much it was since I've never worked a union job (military, self employed and 135).
I made a math mistake and corrected it.

I never worked a union job before either.
Leaving the Military I was SHOCKED at how pilots are treated many places.

We (at NJ) have a good deal now. Thanks to the Union that negotiated it, and the management that runs the business side.

I think FJ is a good deal too...

I apologize for coming on like an ass... For years, We took a lot of abuse on these boards for paying union dues while also being the lowest paid... so its like a defensive reflex.

Last edited:
Dirtybeach,

Compare apples to apples. Your 26 days for vac. NJA pilots then get 42 days for vac first year. Flexs three weeks vac with you number equals 39 days NJA 3 weeks equals 63 days vac. Plus they make more money doing it with better benefits. Now total paid vac days for the first year Flex 10 NJA 14. Once you get three weeks Flex 15 NJA 21. Is it easier to understand?

Like hammer said if your happy stay, but NJA without a doubt has it much better. The union has more then paid for itself. You must be getting zapped with Rick H brain wash through the BlackBerry.

At no point did I argue that Flex was the better deal for pilots than NJ's. As much as that gets hammered on around here you'd think there was some sort of inferiority complex going on. Good grief.

Don't drive angry.

Dirty,
No complex. Just getting the facts out. Do us a favor, organize and get a contract that puts ours to shame! Seriously, I will buy all night long if you can get a contract that kicks our CBA's ass.
We set the bar, no someone come along and beat it! Please.

How and why did a thread about Flex Schedule turn into a pissing contest about unions? If you like unions fine keep it to yourself, if you don't like unions keep it to yourself. Its a waste of energy to argue about it.

The schedule at Flex is good 14 to 18 days and anything in between, no 7 on crap, and 2 weeks vac. first year. Live in any of the 4 gateways you want, and fly some very new aircraft. Plus some of the guys are great to work with.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back