• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are not particular to where you come from but more attitude towards providing excellent service. If you are one who does not like to interact with the Owners, throw bags, do lavs and be an overall team player then Flex is not the place for you.

Doing the lav consists of pouring a little water into the toilet bowl while the line service guy does all the nasty work. If someone has dropped the kids at the pool it can be a little stinky, but you can do what I did and invest in a swimmers nose clip. Problem solved and it is easy to service the lav. Remember to lift with your legs when stowing bags. And you don't have to throw 50 pax bags. The pPane only holds 8-10 people. If you were a regional pilot, you will never want to go back!:beer:

What about the bases? Are they like "gateways" that you can switch between or more like bases that you have to bid for? Are they assigned by the company? Can you express a preference when applying?

Thanks

What about the bases? Are they like "gateways" that you can switch between or more like bases that you have to bid for? Are they assigned by the company? Can you express a preference when applying?

Thanks

You have to tell them what gateway you want. You are locked into your gateway for one year and then you can change with (I think) 60 days notice or maybe 90. ONT, EWR, FLL, or DFW and yes, we cover the surrounding airports.

How are the benefits and "soft-time" policied compared to either a NetJets or Citation shares?

Well, if you take the min days worked at FJ as quoted on a previous post (that would be 195 days) and compare it to NJAs schedule, of 175 days... ya get to work 20 more days a year. Almost like another month of work.

The above is not counting holidays off, but includes 2 weeks off (14 days) for vacation.

Flex has always screwed the pilots with the 28 day month :mad:

Doing the lav consists of pouring a little water into the toilet bowl while the line service guy does all the nasty work. If someone has dropped the kids at the pool it can be a little stinky, but you can do what I did and invest in a swimmers nose clip. Problem solved and it is easy to service the lav. Remember to lift with your legs when stowing bags. And you don't have to throw 50 pax bags. The pPane only holds 8-10 people. If you were a regional pilot, you will never want to go back!:beer:

I have to raise the BS flag on the lav service. You will be an FO for a long time. Everytime that emergency exit door is raised I'll be thinking of you.

The Lear 60 was designed with an ingenius Lav. The fitting that attaches to the FBO Lav cart is much smaller than standard. (The drain hole is smaller than the diameter of a quarter.) Each LR 60 has a tool box with an adapter that must be attached between the aircraft receptacle and the FBO lav cart. When the lineman drains the lav, all the liquid flows out and a grinder purifies the solid matter. Well that is the way it supposed to work. Normally all the liquid drains out and the solid matter is stuck in the bottom with the grinder grinding away at air. Solution, add more water, then more water, then more water. Finally reach in the closet and get a coat hanger and chop that mother up.
Chopping up turds of the rich and famous. What a life!

Latest resources

Back