Flex Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2dumb2drive

Now that flex is offering DEN as a base i have begun to consider them and was wondering if someone could explain the schedule bidding to me. The web site says you bid 14-19 duty days per bid period... so is your salary paid just based on the days you work? If i only bid 14 will i only get 14? If the days per cycle vary then how do they run the rotation, meaning if i bid 14 will it mean a 7 on 7 off? What if i bid 19? Do they get you to your home base by the end of your last duty day? Any guess as to which ship they would start me in at DEN, current 135 lr-jet captain if that makes a difference. Any other comments about qol would be appreciated.

Whoa, back up there. The bidding is mostly to make you feel good. You get paid for the days the PBS assigns you. Figure 15-16 days per month. The aircraft assignment is in whatever they need, your base does not affect it.

Did you apply to Netjets? It's likely soon that you could also be based in Denver and you could work 7 on and 7 off. I would look at both and make sure you go to the one that will make you happiest.

To add to what Wiggums said about the possibility of basing in DEN, a new ammendment to our contract is supposed to be put out for review on 10/1. If that happens, a vote count would be conducted on 11/20.

Did you apply to Netjets? It's likely soon that you could also be based in Denver and you could work 7 on and 7 off.
I certainly wouldn't come here expecting that to happen though. If it does, great. But if not, be prepared to be in one of the 5 domiciles til at least 2010.

I would apply to both. Hopefully before you have to sign a contract at Flex you will know if the changes to the NetJets contract are going to happen. No contract at NetJets so you could always go the other way if you wanted.

Flex has never hired a Net Jets person! Wonder why?? And they Net Jets are applying and interviewing. Net Jets have hired several Flex Guys. Whats going on??

Flex has never hired a Net Jets person! Wonder why?? And they Net Jets are applying and interviewing. Net Jets have hired several Flex Guys. Whats going on??

I thought we had hired a couple of NJ folks. Que?

to answer the original question:

flexjet schedule is what they tell you it is. If they want to wake you up in a rest period they can. If your hungry they feed you, but they give you the food they order. If they want to freeze your pay, they will. If they say schedule is based on the PBS, and then say it isnt based on the PBS, then thats the way it is.

without a contract and anything in written, it is what they say it is.

to answer the original question:

flexjet schedule is what they tell you it is. If they want to wake you up in a rest period they can. If your hungry they feed you, but they give you the food they order. If they want to freeze your pay, they will. If they say schedule is based on the PBS, and then say it isnt based on the PBS, then thats the way it is.

without a contract and anything in written, it is what they say it is.

With that being said by Netflyer in the 18 months that I have been with Flex I have had 3 pay raises, have yet to awaken by crew scheduling while in rest.
Now the PBS is another story I don't believe that we are a large enough pilot group to make PBS effective, but when I have needed time off I have never had a problem with scheduling getting it. In fact my bid is 4 day rotations with weekends off and I have gotten that all summer long and now into October I still have it.

Happy here, not planning on going anywhere else, should be upgrading within 6 months.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back