• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't report to a domicile and then move on to where the aircraft is located. You just go to where the plane sits. I'm DFW based and if they tell me to go to DFW, Addison, Meachem or wherever that's where you go. You are given extra driving time if the assigned airport is other than your gateway airport. As for the long drives, just rent a car and expense it to the company or take a sedan if it's not too terribly far. They'll pay you back for it.

You don't report to a domicile and then move on to where the aircraft is located. You just go to where the plane sits. I'm DFW based and if they tell me to go to DFW, Addison, Meachem or wherever that's where you go. You are given extra driving time if the assigned airport is other than your gateway airport. As for the long drives, just rent a car and expense it to the company or take a sedan if it's not too terribly far. They'll pay you back for it.

Would you be willing to drive to Austin for work every rotation? Not me.

Think about this: You're based in ONT. They tell you on your first day to drive to Bermuda Dunes. On your last day, they airline you to Burbank. Now you have to sedan back to Bermuda Dunes and then get in your car and drive back to your house. So, saying "just rent a car and expense it" doesn't mean everything is ok just because you're not out any money. To me, this is totally unfair for the guys that live there. If you're based in PBI and they ask you to drive to Tampa, that is unacceptable to me personally. That has to stop.

Take it up with the upcoming CAB meeting doyle. Is Bermuda Dunes far from ONT? If so then rent a car there. If not then who cares?

Take it up with the upcoming CAB meeting doyle. Is Bermuda Dunes far from ONT? If so then rent a car there. If not then who cares?

To me, this is one of the problems at flex. It's not management, it's the pilots that have the attitude that if it doesn't affect them personally, they don't care.
Personally this doesn't affect me; however, it needs to be addressed. Also, I personally could care less about having more bases but, if others want it then I will help in getting more bases. This is the direction we need to take, not selfish attitudes.

Does Flex at least give you guys a company credit card to pay for things like rental cars in these instances? I'm sure they'd be quick on reimbursement, but I just hate the thought of running up my cc for company business. Just another question for me to ponder.

I have driven to Naples, Lakeland, Tampa so far but they rented me a car and the drive time went against my duty time. The best was when they wanted me to drive to Tampa, so I was told to call when I left home for a 6am show. I called at 1230am to tell them I was leaving for Tampa since it was 5 hour dirve. SO basically that day I did a leg to IAH pulled off replaced and spent the rest of the day in a Hotel.
SO yes in South Florida you will drive between airports but if the are other then BCT, PBI, FLL, MIA you will rent a car or be flown to the A/C.

Bailey

Yes you get a company credit card.

I was based on ONT for a year and about 80% of my trips began and ended at ONT. It was rare, for me anyway, to be asked to report to one of the other airports.

We need more bases. I dont understand why it is such a big deal.

Does Flex at least give you guys a company credit card to pay for things like rental cars in these instances? I'm sure they'd be quick on reimbursement, but I just hate the thought of running up my cc for company business. Just another question for me to ponder.

Get a good CC that offers rewards and you can rack up. depending on how quick you are to fill out your expense report will determine how fast you get your money. Usually takes 1 week. Never had any problems.

To me, this is one of the problems at flex. It's not management, it's the pilots that have the attitude that if it doesn't affect them personally, they don't care.
Personally this doesn't affect me; however, it needs to be addressed. Also, I personally could care less about having more bases but, if others want it then I will help in getting more bases. This is the direction we need to take, not selfish attitudes.

It's not selfish at all. It's a choose not to b-tch about every little thing attitude. If they pay for the rent car, and the travel counts against your duty time then what does it matter? You get paid the same regardless of whether you're driving a Ford Fusion or a business jet. I've got a few complaints, namely the crew catering, but driving to the jet isn't one of them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back