• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex furloughs again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are correct. That means technically they think they needed to get rid of 110 pilots or 25% of the entire pilot group. That seems like entirely too many and very shocking from what was said at the last meeting. This also means they are relying on crews picking up overtime and answering their phones in rest. Just Don't Do It!

No offense to anyone, but this is a pay cut. It is diguised as a daily work reduction, but a paycut just the same. As with all pay cuts, you will never see this money again. Guess who is going to profit off of this. Management!!!!! Do you think your Chief pilot and ACP's bid a PBS schedule every month? Do you believe that those guys will see any reduction in pay, or benefits? And guess what, they will still sleep in their own beds every night. How is scheduling and dipatch treating you on the road lately? Are you enjoying the new rest rules? Flexjet pilots are being played. This won't get any better, even when the economy improves. If we can't stand together, then we will be walked all over. It's been less than a year since the raise. Guess what? Your raise is gone, forever. We gave up the chance to dictate our future. We have another chance. Don't piss this opportunity away. You owe it to your contemporaries. You owe it to your passengers. You owe it to yourself. Every airplane you accept should be flawless. That makes it easy to provide "Best in Class" service. Demand the best for your passengers. If OS drops the ball, play it differantely. Catering needs to be spot on. Every facet of this job needs to be spot on. Get on board.

Last edited:
As far as the All empl meetings - one should consider the speakers history and background and take what's said with a grain of salt.

Sadly, knowing alot of the sr. guys there - they will jump all over overtime and not give a second thought to those on the street.

There is NO unity there for the common good. FG knows this by now, and will work it to the nth' degree.

I was said here before and I will say it again! They are shooting from the hip with this reductiuon in pilots and pay.This company does a lot of knee jerk reaction. This will bite them in the A$$ if they are not careful. When this market turns we will be so behind the 8 ball we will end up hurting ourselves. Over!

I saw the writing on the wall and left flex after the best opportunity we had for a union drive fizzled. Trouble for you guys is that even if you wanted to vote in a union again, a huge chunk of your positive voting majority just hit the street. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but perhaps this is the reason there is no "official" furlough list (as they might retain some voting power for a union drive, no?) History tells you the top 150 and perhaps even the top 200 on the list will never even come close to a majority vote for a union no matter how bad things get. I don't know the numbers from the bottom half, but they would never be able to make up for it. You guys screwed yourselves. As much as I had my issues with RH I don't think he ever would have stood for you guys getting this hosed. I bet he'd be honest with you and tell you from his own experience that without a union, things will not get much better. Rumor has it he left CP when he saw he was beating his head against a brick wall (and not JC as was wildly speculated) I no longer have a dog in this fight so I'll say my peace and wish all of you the best of luck.

As far as the All empl meetings - one should consider the speakers history and background and take what's said with a grain of salt.

Sadly, knowing alot of the sr. guys there - they will jump all over overtime and not give a second thought to those on the street.

There is NO unity there for the common good. FG knows this by now, and will work it to the nth' degree.

Sadly, a number of the senior guys must jump all over the overtime as they managed to outlive their wages.

And no, there is nothing approaching unity in this pilot group.

It's a very weak pilot group we have. I notice a lot of views on the BB threads, but hardly no one voices their opinion. Yet, everybody i run into on the road is upset and pissed off. I just wish people would speak up.

First I want say good luck to all my former Flex brothers and sisters!
Now here is the problem, back in the fall of 2007 while I was on the union executive board we had enough of the group send in cards to start the drive but everyone wanted to wait until we received a majority of the pilot group so the union would pass. But then the pilot group decided to dance with the devil by the pale of the moonlight and they lost their souls. They were bought off and killed the union.
So I beg everyone there do not fall for an Airline Management tactic which is to divide the pilot group. Stay strong and fight for your brothers and sisters on the street. Refuse overtime, do not do the company favors and fly by the book.
Once again I wish everyone at Flex the best of luck. Unite and stay strong because with strength come power.

Latest resources

Back