• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex furloughs again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep yield goes from 15.5 to 14.5. Guarantee pay goes from 16 days to 14 days. That equals a pay cut. I wonder if anyone one else in the company is taking a pay cut. How about you Mr. Greed???? I wouldn't have a problem if everybody was getting a cut to help out the team. But picking on one group is NOT right.

Sounds like Fred Greed is living up to his name... What value has he brought to Flexjet thus far? Anybody? Does he add credibility? Has he earned his VIP status and salary? Why bring him to Flexjet if he has achieved zip????? I realize we are operating in a recession but he should certainly add some value - right?

I believe just a month ago, Mr. Reid was asked during an all hands meeting about pay cuts and he said no way! He said we need to remain competitive in the industry with our pay. Yes! They only reduced the yield, but its a pay cut anyway you slice it. I don't have any faith in Fred and his abilities. He ran delta into chapter 11 and took their pensions, then started up virgin america, which hasn't come even close to making a profit yet. The only thing fred does is wreck companies.

Do not accept any overtime and turn phones off in rest. Getting this group to stick together has proven difficult in the past, but lets stick together on this. We have more control over our situation than some think.

I gave Reid the bennifit of doubt when Flex first hired him even though I had doubts about him because of his background, but I've lost all respect for him now. He is flat out lying to us now.

I also heard him at that all hands meeting say no pay cuts. But we just got one. Anybody know if anybody else is taking a pay cut or is it just the pilots??

This has been out for 2 days now?? I've already heard people talking about a union again and not answering their phones and not accepting OT days.

I'm not sure that the fourloughed pilots will want to come back if Reid destroys the good management/pilot relationship that we've had.

Yep yield goes from 15.5 to 14.5. Guarantee pay goes from 16 days to 14 days. That equals a pay cut. I wonder if anyone one else in the company is taking a pay cut. How about you Mr. Greed???? I wouldn't have a problem if everybody was getting a cut to help out the team. But picking on one group is NOT right.

I guess i'm a little confused. Where did you see that guarantee pay went from 16 to 14 days? Just wondering if I missed something.

This will work out great I'm sure. Let's see: 1) terminate 25 pilots, 2) bend the duty and rest rules, to benifit the pilots of course, 3) fire another 60 pilots, 4) downgrade 22 pilots, and 5) reduce the yield, ie paycut for the group. Bear in mind that the rest of the company, office, maintance, dispatch etc have not made these adjustments. Next on the list, I'll bet the bonus is greatly reduced if paid at all and the pay raise that was rumored, by TC himself, will not show. The end result, well you figure it out. Unhappy employees do not equal happy cutomers.
My .02 worth.

Gee what a surprise, the pilot group is taking the brunt of the cuts here. but I cant help but sit back and laugh at everyone complaining. We had our chance for a union and barely anyone stepped up. They can do whatever they want to us because they know we are not going to quit. If they cut pay in the office, say marketing, they'd just go get another job. Thats why pilots need a union.

And the idea of not doing overtime and not answering phones sounds nice on paper but it never works. Pilots always say "my family comes first" so that means they'll take overtime.

In my opinion, all we can do at this point is take it and ride it out.

Technically, the reduction in yield is not a paycut, but a work cut. You get the same amount per day, just not as many days. Sorta like The Governator's requirement for state employees to take days off without pay.

The bottom 25 on the new seniority list should be thrilled. That one day per bid period is the equivelent of about 25 pilots flying a full schedule.

Latest resources

Back