• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word came down from the respective companies:"this thing is going to happen...period. So you guys can either get onboard or get run over."

I suspect that any agreement will split the difference between the last two respective positions....

Then we can get on with the business of being pissed at each other for the rest of our careers....

Nu
Nu,

That would be a reversal for the Delta Management team and Delta's pilot leadership. The press is not reporting "this thing is going to happen, period" and internally Delta is touting it's stand alone plan.

Last edited:
Occam:

You could be correct, but politically I can not find it to be a credible report given other known facts.

WTF are you talking about?

Both sides will continue to try to reach agreement up until the moment that option is removed by other events.

Period.

There have, and will, be "gaps" in direct engagement...for various reasons. Doesn't matter. Both MEC teams understand the importance of getting a deal, especially if the airlines are going to be merged regardless.

Don't confuse the juvenile banter on this forum, or the often-manipulated reporting in the media as indicative of what is actually taking place.

Occam:

We were, and are, told that the option has been removed by other events. We were also told this was not a negotiation, this was a deal.

Look at the contrast in rumors. Internally, Delta's senior leadership (who would keep their jobs) are saying the stand alone plan is a better option and fuel prices mean any deal with NWA would have to be completely re-evaluated. Crew room rumors started by flight operations management, fleet and network management, involves a bunch more 777-200LR jets. Thus far, Delta's objective decisions on hiring and routes match these subjective rumors.

On the NWA side, all we hear about is the merger's inevitability.

I'm not calling you a liar, but somebody somewhere is completely failing to manage expectations and that could very well be a fatal political mistake.

There have been some off hand rumors of buying parts of NWA, but I dismissed those comments. Are you hearing that on the NWA side?

I'll admit the Delta BOD could over ride Delta's leadership, but ALPA's got a person on the board and of course Anderson is there. My point is if what you write is true, many people have painted themselves in a corner and the political fall out would be nasty for not only for the Delta Reps, but also senior management.

I genuinely disagree with you about the merger's inevitability. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I simply do not see how it can be forced by the minority who's management will not be the leadership in the combined entity. Perhaps you are right and I am a fool for believing the press, my reps, and management who are held accountable, over nameless web board rumor. But you are very convinced, and convincing.... Thank you for the information in any event.

Last edited:
Why is it that a large group of the DAL posters on hear come across as Armchair CEO's? Do some of you actually think you have control over what happens in the board meetings with the CEO's? Now back to your regularly scheduled flame fest.:p

Someone else put this together for me.

As the press reported, NWA wants to restructure the deal without pilot participation. DAL would be forced by their fiduciary responsibilities to look at the proposal. These facts could be very easily misinterpreted by NWA pilot leasership.

Why is it that a large group of the DAL posters on hear come across as Armchair CEO's? Do some of you actually think you have control over what happens in the board meetings with the CEO's? Now back to your regularly scheduled flame fest.:p
Another part of Delta's unique culture... much of their senior leadership are pilots. True more often in the past than now, but the tradition remains and management keeps a very open door with the pilot group.

It has a positive effect for both management and pilots IMHO.

and don't forget, you are here also....

Someone else put this together for me.

As the press reported, NWA wants to restructure the deal without pilot participation. DAL would be forced by their fiduciary responsibilities to look at the proposal. These facts could be very easily misinterpreted by NWA pilot leasership.

You are making the assumption that it is NWA management re-initiating an otherwise dead deal instead of the well orchestrated PR of what is already a predetermined course of action.

We know NWA management are "bad guys". We know that RA has managed to foster a level of trust with his new employees. To about face and jam it to them and say "take it or leave it" would destroy that good faith.

What better ploy than to blame it on the bad guys and the BOD. Sorry boys, I had no choice (ditto Moak).

I'm beginning to believe with the apparent momentum and financial forces behind it, this thing was going to go through one way or another, and now that we didn't bite at the carrot we are going to get beaten senseless with the stick.

Last edited:
We know NWA management are "bad guys". We know that RA has managed to foster a level of trust with his new employees. To about face and jam it to them and say "take it or leave it" would destroy that good faith.

What better ploy than to blame it on the bad guys and the BOD. Sorry boys, I had no choice (ditto Moak).

I'm beginning to believe with the apparent momentum and financial forces behind it, this thing was going to go through one way or another, and now that we didn't bite at the carrot we are going to get beaten senseless with the stick.
Agree....RA always tries to be the good guy...make DS the bad, again.

You are making the assumption that it is NWA management re-initiating an otherwise dead deal instead of the well orchestrated PR of what is already a predetermined course of action.
No this is not pre-planned PR.

If the merger happens despite the pilots' objections and with blame placed for the failure to secure $2 Billion dollars worth of pay and benefits there will never be peace between the pilot groups.

Jeesh, I need to get off this board and update my resume.

Latest resources

Back