• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First Year Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You didn't request colgan but here it is: 1st year at colgan on the beechcraft...based on $20 an hour...an FO should make $750 gross every two weeks, $600 take home or less ?. (taxes, uniform, medical, dental taken out. state tax will vary) You could make some more if you go over 75 hours a month. Figure on almost 0 per diem. (only get this should you do an overnight) So $1500 gross a month times 12 months = $18,000. Here this is not offset by the joy and excitement of flying a jet. Isn't that more then Coex? Aren't they $17,600 gross? Anywho, saab pays $21 to start i think. Plus you get the drinks on that.

I just started at Piedmont but haven't completed training yet, but this is how our pay is for first years. $23.40 hr + $1.40 pier diem, we are gaurenteed 72 hrs a month, but you can work close to 100 hrs a month if you want to b/c they are so short staffed now. First check is your first 50 hrs, second check is 22 hours + pier diem and hours over 72 from the last month.

I'm at Air Wisconsin and still on first year pay (but only for another month or so thank god) and my checks generally come out something along the lines of $665 on the 30th and anywhere from $1000-1600 on the 15th depending on how much I work on my days off - this also includes perdiem but is after taxes, insurance, my 401k, etc etc. I would also agree with the previous post that per-diem is absolutely income if you don't spend it all on the road. That being said I am not going to drag along a cooler just so I can eat cheap - they make Taco Bell for that. I also will get a %50 raise when I am on second year pay. I also do not pay any state taxes which helps significantly.

1st year DA-20 F/O

1st year DA-20 F/O $43/hr 65 hr guarentee, around $33K first year. You just have to go to YIP and work the cargo business. Right now Capt is about 2.5 years and pay then goes to around $50K/yr

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back