First Year Pay at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
787 said:
The answer your looking for is $17000-$19000.

Yes, the NWA(owned) CRJ's have AOA indication.

Pinnacle CRJs do not have AOA indicators. No CRJs do that I know of. I don't think it's even an option.

As for pay, I think I grossed about $18500 my first year, but the rates have gone up a couple of bucks since then, so probably right around $20k would be realistic. As I've said a million times on this board, don't come to Pinch-Nickle unless you absolutely have no other choice. You will be miserable here.

I had heard that that was one of the reasons AMR went with the Junkle jet--Bomb refusing to put an AOA indicator in the CRJ.

But then I hear voices, too..... :)

dime line said:
AZ typed......

And you sound so proud....and no we all didn't PFD, unless your talking private thru multi-comm.

Yes - that's what I'm talking about. BTW - what are you talking about "you sound so proud" ??? I bought my ratings through the II...that's it (ran out of the green by then).

PCL_128 said:
Pinnacle CRJs do not have AOA indicators. No CRJs do that I know of. I don't think it's even an option.

It is an option and one of our bastard planes has this indication. Its either 8596 or 8695. I can't remember which. The indication can be accesed on the "menu" page of ED2. There is an indication for each AOA vane.

DoinTime said:
It is an option and one of our bastard planes has this indication. Its either 8596 or 8695. I can't remember which. The indication can be accesed on the "menu" page of ED2. There is an indication for each AOA vane.

No $ hit that's interesting. Never heard of it here or at ACA.

Inconceivable said:
I had heard that that was one of the reasons AMR went with the Junkle jet--Bomb refusing to put an AOA indicator in the CRJ.

But then I hear voices, too..... :)

When I worked at AA in the mid to late '90's, I was told by my friends in Eagle's flight department that Eagle got ERJ's because they wanted to offer jets from the 30- up to the 70-seat market. Bombardier didn't offer anything below 50 seats and Embraer, at that time, hadn't committed to anything bigger than the EMB-145. Therefore, Eagle ordered both ERJ's and CRJ's. I never heard anything about the AOA indicator playing into aircraft purchase decisions.

Miserable

I would have to say that you would not be miserable at Pinnacle but the fact is that there are most likely better places to be, but one in search of employment on the 121 side can't be too picky because they won't get hired at all places they interview. Fact is fact.
Pinnacle is very hard on their pilots. They don't pay them much and it's a shame, but the fact is we are so replaceable right now it's not even funny. Seems like all other airlines have longer overnights, pay more perdium and alot of them pay F.O's more to start for example Express Jet.
Getting 4 hrs. of sleep 4 nights in a row, doing "High Speeds" from DTW to CHS is not my idea of a good time. With these Pilot's being pushed to limitations like this, it's only a matter of time before something happens. Especially when sh*t hit's the fan, weather, Inflight emergency, etc.
However those of you interested in a job at Pinnacle, the contract is under negiation and we all hope for a better quality of life and of course more money. Upgrades are coming to a halt in August and will most likely be fed by attrition only. NO MORE STREET CAPTAINS, so Nobody ask. Seems like every 5 days this question is posted here. Goodluck!

Mtnjam said:
I would have to say that you would not be miserable at Pinnacle but the fact is that there are most likely better places to be, but one in search of employment on the 121 side can't be too picky because they won't get hired at all places they interview. Fact is fact.
Pinnacle is very hard on their pilots. They don't pay them much and it's a shame, but the fact is we are so replaceable right now it's not even funny. Seems like all other airlines have longer overnights, pay more perdium and alot of them pay F.O's more to start for example Express Jet.
Getting 4 hrs. of sleep 4 nights in a row, doing "High Speeds" from DTW to CHS is not my idea of a good time. With these Pilot's being pushed to limitations like this, it's only a matter of time before something happens. Especially when sh*t hit's the fan, weather, Inflight emergency, etc.
However those of you interested in a job at Pinnacle, the contract is under negiation and we all hope for a better quality of life and of course more money. Upgrades are coming to a halt in August and will most likely be fed by attrition only. NO MORE STREET CAPTAINS, so Nobody ask. Seems like every 5 days this question is posted here. Goodluck!

Will your quality of life improve once Jet Blue changes the regs to a 9 hour flight day?

Space Cowboy said:
No $ hit that's interesting. Never heard of it here or at ACA.

heh - hard to believe that those nazi's didn't know about AOAs in the RJ...btw, how much longer do we have left at 'ol flyi?

AZT

"F"ed flyi'er

Mtnjam said:

I got hired at all the places I interviewed with! That makes me a perfect 100% at interviews. Fact is fact.

Latest resources

Back