First Year Pay at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Top Gum said:
That’s silly. Don’t worry about any CRJ specifics. You would only be expected to know that stuff if you had previously flown the CRJ.

I know two guys that didn't make it past the first test because they didn't know that info. I'd know it. Isn't that how a company will do it if they want furloughs from another company' i.e Indy?

Space Cowboy said:
The critical AOA of anyplane is based on weight and balance.

Nope, it's the same regardless of weight or CG location. For a given configuration, the stalling speed varies with weight and balance, however.

Josh M.

Critical AOA is not effected by CG or weight

Space Cowboy said:

That is incorrect. The stall AOA is the stall AOA, it is not effected by the weight or CG. The actual stall speed is affected by weight and CG but not the critical AOA.

Here's a good article from Boeing on the topic: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/aero_12/attack_story.html

Note this paragraph under "Basic Principles of AOA":

The center of gravity (CG) also affects the lift that the wing must produce. As the CG moves forward, the nose-down moment increases because of the airplane weight and wing lift (fig. 5). Therefore, the downforce on the horizontal tail required to trim is increased. This means that the wing must provide enough lift to compensate for the download on the tail in addition to the weight of the airplane. Note that the AOA of stall is not changed, but the lift required of the wing is greater, and therefore the stall speed is increased.

Space Cowboy said:

Good thing you don't work for pinnacle. But if you do, they should fire you as you can't even pass the newhire screening test!

CandlerWun is correct.

The critical AOA does not change for a given config.

It is the speed in which the critical AOA takes place that is variable.

TG

IHaveAPension said:
Good thing you don't work for pinnacle. But if you do, they should fire you as you can't even pass the newhire screening test!

I didn't l know I was taking a test.

So now YOU are taking a test... AND YOU BIT !

I used to teach instructors this stuff.

Who Cares Anyway! Pinchnickle Sucks Anyway!!!!!!

Well, I'm glad the "Cowboy" proved himself as exactly that.

Anyone know how a given wing's NACA value affects critical AOA stall?
I know I'm digressing here...shall I start a new thread?

3rd that on the 3nickel suck-age. We here at NWA get a good laugh 'bout every other leg with some new-bie 9E driver...and yet another oops.

Got a good deice story if you'd like.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back