• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First SLI thread of the day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are no givens when it come to the definition of a category. Its entirely up to Bloch. One possible category could be "turbojet + Q400". In that case, with a ratioed sorting, the outcome for the first seniority block would be 650 PCL, 300 Mesaba and 150 Colgan (these are approximate numbers). So the rough ordering would be a repeating cycle of 4 PCL CAs, 2 MSA CAs and 1 CJC CA. With this category placed first the likely second block would be SF34 CA where 150 Mesaba would be ratio integrated with about 150 Colgan. A repeating cycle of of 1 Mesaba and 1 Colgan. Then the FO status of both of these blocks would be added in behind.

There is no magic in "status and category" and its almost universally used in arbitrated pilot seniority list integrations.

I understand that it CAN be done. It just doesn't seem logical at all. At least give a guy some type of credit for when he was hired. I guess we will see. Is that party still on at Murphs? After this last couple weeks we are going to need it more than ever.

You got that right. This looks (and is) a bit messy right now. I suspect most pilots just want to be able to get the same schedules and paychecks when this is done that they have right now (and, for FO's, the same upgrade prospects). In reality, the dynamics of the industry, company, and lists, means that it isn't really possible to keep everything "the same", but hopefully the solution comes as close as possible.

And then, hopefuly everyone comes to work, puts this behind them, works together to make this job as good as it can be going forward, and then gets on at Purple/DL/SWA/whatever floats your boat ASAP.

I am looking at these threads as good healthy discussions. What did we do before the Internet? We would all just be sitting around waiting for a decision. It is more fun to see other's opinions and argue them a bit.

Something I'm finally prepared to agree with xjhawk on... Tell us the college story please. Did it happen at college band camp?

How am I disagreeable on everything else? I am okay with a fair relative or DOH (with some short term fences to protect ( 9E and XJ ) 900's and fences to protect already on property Q's for Colgan protecting their FO upgrades and CA schedules for (current bases and planes). I WAS in favor or an across the board standard for DOH when I heard 9E's DOH was different. What changed my ming on DOH (nothing else)?

The fact that 9E's union has been terrible through this entire thing-mistakes-seniority grabbing staple like proposals-their willingness to staple entire groups or furloughs, colgan, and saab drivers because they have an elevated sense of self worth, not understanding that their fleet is far far far far far far from stable. Given that in the face of legal definitions of DOH when XJ's merger committee brought it up, all they can do is cry unfair and point fingers-when they are the problem with coming up with a fair integration. My lack of trust and respect is for those who are 9E on here who shout the loudest (you know who you are) and your SLI committee-and your MEC. I have the greatest respect and want something fair for the rest of you 9E people. Oh...wait, except that FO in MSP who told me to my face it was an asset transfer and the pilots were not coming with-oh you can be hired by Pinnacle if you want one of the open jobs-really? Oh and to that Captain in DTW who told me 5:1-kiss my .......then the couple others who said similar....all you I have no respect for

When all of this is over and we have an established sli based on doh I MAY tell the story...and for the record, every 9e pilot I've talked to in person has been nothing but cool, personable, reasonable, and respectful of everyone involved in the merger. What we seem to have on the forum here (and the other two forums, apparently) is a small handful of D!ck$ (or is that a handful of small D!ck$?) who hide behind the anonymity of the internet and make alot of noise. Here's hoping for the best for all of us!

Latest resources

Back