• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First Pinnacle CRJ delivered to Mesaba.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully all the great pilots at 9E are sitting in the proper seats. For you 9E guys that is Captain in the left seat, FO in the right. That is unless you are trained in the double engine failure seat switch maneuver.

I guess some of the street captains that just started class last week are saying that they were told in the interview process that they would be getting paid captain pay from day one. Since they haven't seen a pay check yet they are believing this claim. Maybe it is true but I find it hard to believe the contract would allow this without retro pay being paid out to some of the others? Anybody know whats going on here?

I guess some of the street captains that just started class last week are saying that they were told in the interview process that they would be getting paid captain pay from day one. Since they haven't seen a pay check yet they are believing this claim. Maybe it is true but I find it hard to believe the contract would allow this without retro pay being paid out to some of the others? Anybody know whats going on here?

Not a chance in hell. I would love to see the look on there face when they find out the truth. It will be 6-9 months before they see captain pay.

At XJ you are paid on the position you are qualified for, not awarded. If they are beoing paid Cpt rates, I would expect to see a huge grievence filed within the next couple of weeks. The payout on that would wipe out what little savings were realized from the bankruptcy. Heck, they didn't even want to pay perdiem to the recall pilots at $1.55.

Hopefully all the great pilots at 9E are sitting in the proper seats. For you 9E guys that is Captain in the left seat, FO in the right. That is unless you are trained in the double engine failure seat switch maneuver.

Go fu&^ yourself.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Mesaba pilots. Everytime I ride on them, neither captain or fo is friendly when I go up to say hi. The FA's are always pleasant.
Anytime I see them in the airport, they pretty much ignore you, even if you say Hi, give them a nod, or just give them a slight wave with your hand.

Every Mesaba guy I've had on the jumpseat is very friendly. I don't know what the deal is.

Just a trend i've noticed over the last year or so...

I commuted on Mesaba for two years. Never had a single case of an unfriendly crew. Maybe it's just you?

You know, for a smartas$, you certainly got that forumla wrong in your screenname. It's e=mc^2. Yeah, squared.

pcl boys

Or should I say Dudes, as that is the most common word on the CVR.

The truth hurts - mainly when it should.

At XJ you are paid on the position you are qualified for, not awarded. If they are beoing paid Cpt rates, I would expect to see a huge grievence filed within the next couple of weeks. The payout on that would wipe out what little savings were realized from the bankruptcy. Heck, they didn't even want to pay perdiem to the recall pilots at $1.55.

Newhires are not qualified as FOs or Capts. Another loophole.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back