• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First nail in ASA's coffin....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeager, put down the bottle. Jerry can't afford to let ASA die...he needs our experienced Captns. for Intl. flying. His low time hiring is about to bite him in the @ss. ICAO is now 3000hrs and a lot of his pilots that are able to upgrade...don't meet those minimums!!

What int'l flying? You mean the flying Delta gives him? That they can give to someone else or take back to mainline?

Wake up, "chest thumper". Takin' it back means mainline takin' back the flying they sold and gave to us. We're about to see the industry cycle in the upswing where the majors are drunk with cash and can afford to fly 737s and Maddogs to our cities. DCI is being set up to fall, as an excuse for mainline to take that section of the flying back in house. Delta's E190 rate, and the coming demise of Comair (sans certificate) don't help our cause.

Look at the big picture. We had to refuse deliveries of airplanes due to lack of crews. Yet management is still encouraging pilots to leave and firing flight attendants left and right. The writing is on the wall. ASA isn't long for the world. Jerry has confirmed his opinion that our militent chect thumping pilot group is more trouble than its worth, and he's going to reduce ASA to its assets... and still make a profit on the sale.

Jerry has confirmed his opinion that our militent chect thumping pilot group is more trouble than its worth, and he's going to reduce ASA to its assets... and still make a profit on the sale.

And "Jerry" told you this right?

The Sky Ain't Fallin'
Just Shaking A Bit

What int'l flying? You mean the flying Delta gives him? That they can give to someone else or take back to mainline?

Wake up, "chest thumper". Takin' it back means mainline takin' back the flying they sold and gave to us. We're about to see the industry cycle in the upswing where the majors are drunk with cash and can afford to fly 737s and Maddogs to our cities. DCI is being set up to fall, as an excuse for mainline to take that section of the flying back in house. Delta's E190 rate, and the coming demise of Comair (sans certificate) don't help our cause.

Look at the big picture. We had to refuse deliveries of airplanes due to lack of crews. Yet management is still encouraging pilots to leave and firing flight attendants left and right. The writing is on the wall. ASA isn't long for the world. Jerry has confirmed his opinion that our militent chect thumping pilot group is more trouble than its worth, and he's going to reduce ASA to its assets... and still make a profit on the sale.

Chest Thumper huh...so you believe what Jerry has to say huh? Holy SH!T Johnny, how long have you been in this game?:rolleyes: If Delta were to take it back...GOOD! Then we can move on to a REAL JOB and get out of this "Circus" we call a job NOW! Either way, I could care less. My point was that Jerry is going to cover himself and continue to make money, so to think that he has not already thought about this is a HUGE MISTAKE! He needs CAPTAINS that qualify for ICAO rules, NOT Brazilia rules. They fly plenty into Canada and who knows what else they fly out of ATL and the rest. Jerry's confirmation of us being to militant...well he is just P!SSED that we don't roll over like his pilots or should I say we can actually HAVE something to say!

Jerry's confirmation of us being to militant...!

What's the source, and how have you determined it's been confirmed? Or, is this just something you believe JA believes, or you believe, and want to make the rest of us believe?

Hoser

What's the source, and how have you determined it's been confirmed? Or, is this just something you believe JA believes, or you believe, and want to make the rest of us believe?

Hoser

Maybe I'm confused, but what is your question?:confused:

Chest Thumper huh...so you believe what Jerry has to say huh? Holy SH!T Johnny, how long have you been in this game?:rolleyes: If Delta were to take it back...GOOD! Then we can move on to a REAL JOB and get out of this "Circus" we call a job NOW! Either way, I could care less. My point was that Jerry is going to cover himself and continue to make money, so to think that he has not already thought about this is a HUGE MISTAKE! He needs CAPTAINS that qualify for ICAO rules, NOT Brazilia rules. They fly plenty into Canada and who knows what else they fly out of ATL and the rest. Jerry's confirmation of us being to militant...well he is just P!SSED that we don't roll over like his pilots or should I say we can actually HAVE something to say!

You missed the point. As usual. Jerry doesn't OWN any int'l flying. If Jerry lacks the crews, Delta will just transfer that flying to someone else who does. Like Mesa or GoJets or RAH or whomever.

I'm glad you could [sic] care less if ASA is shut down (btw, the phrase is "couldn't care less"... if you COULD care less, then maybe you should). That's disingenuous to your fellow crewmembers who may not want to move on, or may not be able to due to their life situation. If you want to leave, then don't let the door hit your ass. I'm tired of your "burn it down" rhetoric given that you don't even plan to stay here. Please don't try to tank a company you don't intend to stay at anyhow, if you have any shred of respect for your fellow employees who might wanto or have to stay.

Now the main point of your post: Why shouldn't we believe Jerry when he says these things? One thing Jerry has proven is that he doesn't play leverage games like the management we're used to at ASA. I think that Jerry has proven over his career that when he says he's going to do something, it usually happens. It's all about business to Jerry. He told the union he will transfer flying if ASA is more expensive. Yes, I believe him.

And "Jerry" told you this right?

The Sky Ain't Fallin'
Just Shaking A Bit

Kindly refute my previous post with facts instead of rhetoric. How many of Jerry's crew longe visits have you attended?

You missed the point. As usual. Jerry doesn't OWN any int'l flying. If Jerry lacks the crews, Delta will just transfer that flying to someone else who does. Like Mesa or GoJets or RAH or whomever.

I'm glad you could [sic] care less if ASA is shut down (btw, the phrase is "couldn't care less"... if you COULD care less, then maybe you should). That's disingenuous to your fellow crewmembers who may not want to move on, or may not be able to due to their life situation. If you want to leave, then don't let the door hit your ass. I'm tired of your "burn it down" rhetoric given that you don't even plan to stay here. Please don't try to tank a company you don't intend to stay at anyhow, if you have any shred of respect for your fellow employees who might wanto or have to stay.

Now the main point of your post: Why shouldn't we believe Jerry when he says these things? One thing Jerry has proven is that he doesn't play leverage games like the management we're used to at ASA. I think that Jerry has proven over his career that when he says he's going to do something, it usually happens. It's all about business to Jerry. He told the union he will transfer flying if ASA is more expensive. Yes, I believe him.

Well IF people want to work at this "H3ll Hole" after the BS they have pulled for the last 5 years...that is THEIR PROBLEM! NOT MINE! If they had Half a brain in their heads they would NOT! If they have to stay...so be it! We are trying to make it a better place for everyone...in the event that they have to stay here for their career. What...you want no duty rigs, low pay and crappy QOL? YGBSM! Hope you like your 20yr pin from ASSA when the times comes!:rolleyes: Lord knows that is ALL you will get in the end! And by the way, you keep saying that I am in the minority when in fact EVERYONE I talk to is feeling the same way. Hmmmm, I wonder who is in their own FANTASY LAND!:rolleyes:

Jerry may not OWN the flying but you can bet your AZZ that he has protections built in to maintain the MAJORITY OF IT or they get back their 125million. With all those 900's they are flying, you can bet Delta wants their first class cabin going on those LONG FLIGHTS! INTERNATIONAL!!

And hey...thanks for the english lesson, me culdn't have thunk por miself! You are like a little girl with this grammar correcting BS! Get back to flying the line and leave FI.:pimp:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back