• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First nail in ASA's coffin....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh::laugh::laugh:I'll bring the marshmallows. This could possibly FORCE Delta into making our idiotic mgmnt group get this contract DONE!:angryfire

:laugh::laugh::laugh:I'll bring the marshmallows. This could possibly FORCE Delta into making our idiotic mgmnt group get this contract DONE!:angryfire

Contract? We're talking about ASA getting FIRED by Delta. You know, fired? Out of business? We all lose our jobs? Hello...?

Delta taking over the ramp means it is easier to use any carrier. When you look around the ATL airport today you see a lot of other regional carriers other than ASA. Delta is slowly spreading the flying so ASA has less impact.

Wake up! I have only seen ASA lose ground. Nothing has gone in favor of the pilots for a long time. Because of this I don't see how others can be so confident and say that ASA will always be around.

Delta taking over the ramp means it is easier to use any carrier. When you look around the ATL airport today you see a lot of other regional carriers other than ASA. Delta is slowly spreading the flying so ASA has less impact.

DL taking over the ramp is what every other major carrier has done at its primary hubs. This gives the mainline carrier the control it needs to maintain overall operation and most of all cost as this is a flow through expense. The flying out of ATL will always be spread out to prevent a potential major svc disruption ala Comair.

JA is and will always be about pure business. He will not allow his the DL contract to fail. IF that means merging SKW/ASA and dropping the ASA NAME then so be it. The sky isn't falling at ASA as I remain cautiously optimistic that brighter days are ahead.

Fly Safe...

NEVER HAPPEN!:rolleyes:

Kinda like United and AWAC/ ACA.............

What's to prevent this from happening.......a pilot shortage???? C'mon- everybody dumped on the street from ASA would be looking for a flying job. Yea, we'd lose a few pilots to other professions, but I think most would return to fill the ATL void with another carrier (SkyWest, CHQ, SHUTTLE, Mesa)

Vee One. You are right. It amazes me that SkyWest is letting this place fall apart like this. When senior members of ASA's management walk into the Pilot Lounge and make comments like "anyone here who does not have an interview date at another airline has something wrong with them" things are clearly in free fall. I'm still not believing what I heard with my own two ears.

Then there is the Mary Jane shopping cart for everyone to drop their publications in when heading out the door.

Why? Why, when ASA is deferring aircraft due to lack of crews is the Company chasing away its pilots? Obviously the most marketable pilots are leaving. Has ASA got to have a few Pinnacle class "oopsies" before anyone cares.

Are we seeing revenge for the way we treated Jerry Atkin? Can anyone put a logical explanation with the objective facts? I'm in a quasi state of self denial, just so our crew can stay focused on getting the mission accomplished safely and on time.

What gives?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back