First Mesaba then Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mike51135 said:
Yeah, they fixed it, just like when Mesaba fixed that F-27 back in 1990 when the captain went 100 FEET off the side of the runway into snow and ruined the landing gear. I think the NTSB said something about the "pilot-in-command's failure to maintain directional control of the aircraft", or something like that.

Was that Mesaba CRASH considered a HULL LOSS? Maybe the captain was drunk after a night of throwing pool chairs in Brainerd.

Wow, settle down man. Don't blame mesaba that 9E has destroyed at least one of every fleet type they have operated.

PCL_128 said:
Jetstream? Good grief man, how far back are you gonna go to dig up dirt on Pinnacle? Could we at least stick with dealing in the current century please? I'm sure we could find plenty of dirt on Mesaba if we looked back long enough too.

mike51135 wanted to know about other hull losses. I simply stated a fact. Yes, Mesaba pilots have done some off roading over the years and they will continue to do so. However, Mesaba has never destroyed (other than MX) a plane and I don't think you can dig back far enough to find dead passengers.

Kudos to the wrenches on getting the MKE plane up and running.

Last edited:
Pinnacle, as bad as it is, has not cancelled near the flights that other regionals have. One thing that you can always point to is the fee for departure setup. Those in the SOC will do whatever is possible to NOT cancel a flight. Sometime, as said previously, its out of their control.

It always bugged the crap out of me to be trying to ride on other regionals when they would have eight flights to a destination and they would cancel the flight to XYZ just because they didn't have the load and they would throw them on the next flight. It just doesn't happen that way here. It may be late, or even go empty, but we have gotten paid for every seat flown, whether someone was in it or not. Now the rules are changing, so who knows how things will be done in the future.

mike51135 said:
Maybe the captain was drunk after a night of throwing pool chairs in Brainerd.

That would explain it, because nothing wears out your taxi steering arm like a night of throwing pools chairs! FYI, part of our interview process consists of a pool chair toss.

*sigh*

Don't you guys get tired of the whole "My Dad can beat up your Dad"; Pinnacle vs. Mesaba thing? We're pilots for crying out loud! We can b!tch about LOTS of other stuff too.

kmox29 said:
Don't you guys get tired of the whole "My Dad can beat up your Dad"; Pinnacle vs. Mesaba thing? We're pilots for crying out loud! We can b!tch about LOTS of other stuff too.

Let them go man! It's fun to watch. Just grab a six of Coors, some chips... Cheap entertainment, like Maury. My pa can kick your pa's azz... My sister.... I mean... my mom can whooop your mama's...

kmox29 said:
Don't you guys get tired of the whole "My Dad can beat up your Dad"; Pinnacle vs. Mesaba thing?
Yeah, it's all just clean fun.:D

I think everyone realizes that all airlines have their fair share of idiot pilots...It just gets old taking the blame because of Flt. 3701 and MKE. I've flown with almost 100 different captains and have yet to find one single captain that was anywhere near the level of stupidity of those two clowns on 3701, yet the other 99% of pilots at Pinnacle who are professional in every sense of the word, keep taking it up the asss from other regional pilots who think their airline is perfect.

Sorry guys at Mesaba, you guys run a decent airline, but there ARE pilots at Mesaba who are JUST AS BAD as the clowns on 3701. It may be only .01% of your pilots, but they exist in your airline just as they do at Pinnacle.

mike51135 said:
Sorry guys at Mesaba, you guys run a decent airline, but there ARE pilots at Mesaba who are JUST AS BAD as the clowns on 3701. It may be only .01% of your pilots, but they exist in your airline just as they do at Pinnacle.

Mesaba hires gulfstreamers too???!!

Latest resources

Back