First Mesaba then Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
We are currently the lowest cost RJ provider in the country. (Yes, even cheaper than Mesa) Even with a new pilot CBA, the rest of our costs are so far below the rest of the industry that I think it's possible for us to bid for other flying successfully. We'll just have to wait and see.

Perhaps this statement is true when you only take into account crew payrates and crew W-2 earnings. Now lets factor in MULTIPLE lost hulls, horsecrap performance, clueless pilots, wasted de-ice fluid, sky high insurance premiums, ect. ect. The result is a VERY costly RJ privider for NWA.

DetoXJ said:
Perhaps this statement is true when you only take into account crew payrates and crew W-2 earnings. Now lets factor in MULTIPLE lost hulls, horsecrap performance, clueless pilots, wasted de-ice fluid, sky high insurance premiums, ect. ect. The result is a VERY costly RJ privider for NWA.

Wow, you really are ignorant. We've lost just one hull, thank you very much. If memory serves, that's the same number that Mesaba has lost in the last few years. Something about a couple of idiot mechanics that didn't understand that brakes are hydraulic on an Avro. Must be some top-notch maintenance you've got over there. :rolleyes:

As for your other moronic ramblings, they have no basis in reality. I'll just leave it at that.

DetoXJ said:
You forgot about hot fueling...

"We are currently the lowest cost RJ provider in the country. (Yes, even cheaper than Mesa) Even with a new pilot CBA, the rest of our costs are so far below the rest of the industry that I think it's possible for us to bid for other flying successfully. We'll just have to wait and see."

You have to be kidding me...why are so proud of the fact that you are the lowest cost RJ provider in the industry. Another victim to SJS!

Quack said:
"We are currently the lowest cost RJ provider in the country. (Yes, even cheaper than Mesa) Even with a new pilot CBA, the rest of our costs are so far below the rest of the industry that I think it's possible for us to bid for other flying successfully. We'll just have to wait and see."

You have to be kidding me...why are so proud of the fact that you are the lowest cost RJ provider in the industry. Another victim to SJS!

Not proud, just stating a fact. Again, when talking about low cost I'm not just referring to the pilot costs. I'm referring to the entire operation. Rampers, SOC, corporate, everything. As for SJS, I think not. I'll fly a Cessna 172 if you'll pay me $100k for it. I could care less whether my plane is a jet or not, or how shiny it is.

DetoXJ said:
Well, at least we're not a bunch of drunks...There's nothing I hate more than that liquor-breath and booze smell coming from the cockpit when boarding a Mesaba aircraft. I feel like I'm inside a bar instead of an airplane.
Also...I know about the hull loss with 3701, I know of no other CRJ losses. Please tell us about the other hull losses. Thanks.

Last edited:
I guess that Jetstream that the pilots flew into the ground with passengers onboard isn't considered a hull loss.

Is that airplane that crashed in MKE up and flying?

Will you girls quit your bickering? For crying out loud. Go pre-flight and shut up.

Sincerely,

MM

Dodge said:
I guess that Jetstream that the pilots flew into the ground with passengers onboard isn't considered a hull loss.

Jetstream? Good grief man, how far back are you gonna go to dig up dirt on Pinnacle? Could we at least stick with dealing in the current century please? I'm sure we could find plenty of dirt on Mesaba if we looked back long enough too.

The MKE plane is back flying. It has been for quite some time now.

Dodge said:
Yeah, they fixed it, just like when Mesaba fixed that F-27 back in 1990 when the captain went 100 FEET off the side of the runway into snow and ruined the landing gear. I think the NTSB said something about the "pilot-in-command's failure to maintain directional control of the aircraft", or something like that.

Was that Mesaba CRASH considered a HULL LOSS? Maybe the captain was drunk after a night of throwing pool chairs in Brainerd.

Latest resources

Back