First documented crash caused by SJS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shocker said:
SJS was made up by a bunch of regional pilots who are disgruntled with their jobs and don't have anything better to do with their lives but sit on a computer and talk sh!t about other pilots. Maybe you should take a job as a greater at Wal-Mart, they seem to look happy, maybe that's what all of you need to change your lousy outlook.

Oh, the irony.

P.S. Shocker, you have long fingers for a lady.

Last edited:
I looked at taking a job at Wallmart but then I realized I would no longer qualify for food stamps so I will continue to fly my shiny jet.

hulk

I would think that the Pinnacle crews could relate to the communication barrier. How many over their speak the same language anyway?

Well hulk, just hang in there, your not far from upgrade as long as the pasture stays green. But it was nice not havin to pay for groceries, if it weren't for them, I'd be rich.

What about military pilots? Why is it ok for the military to hire pilots with 0 hours and train them to fly a KC-10 around? Why does British Airways do the same thing, and then assign a new hire "pilot" to go learn how to fly, and then put them in an A320 or 737 with 350 hours? Why is it safe to have 250 hour wonder CFI's teaching people with 0 hours how to fly? Or sending a student with less than 10 hours to go do touch&go's?

How quickly we forget the begning after a few years flying around our RJ's. Blame the bitter CA's for yelling at new FO's and then not explaining what he/she could have done better in a situation. Or blame the CA's who let the FO's watch their laptop DVD movies while flying around.

I would have to say that the RJ saftey record is pretty freaking good, I'm not sure I can think of an RJ accident off the top of my head (involving passengers).

I fly an RJ safely and I am pround of it. SJS...no. Proud of what I do...you bet.

You guys do understand that - in most countries - you can simply buy what it is your looking for? Especially in Greece.. The pilots probably had a rich uncle buy them a right seat or left seat job..

I find this whole SJS thing to be very insulting to all pilots. I am sure the fighter pilots in WW2, the korean war, and vietnam were all in thier 20s ( more like 18 in ww2) and did not eaven have 200 hours in some cases. Also since when did it become a sin to enjoy your job. And the 737 was not flown by low time pilots, maybe if they wernt so old they would have been able to survive the decompression long enough to DON and 100%. Think about that next time your out of shape a$$ sits next to a SJS inflicted F/O they may be putting the O2 mask on you long after you start seeing stars.

What I think is funny is that 99.9% of all the guys claiming "SJS" syndrom are sitting in an RJ.. Does that not qualify as "SJS" or what?

A 737 is faaar from being an "SJ."

BushwickBill said:
You need to read the start of the thread.

Maybe you need to show me what it is I need to read..

Your thread says "First documented crash caused by SJS" and it appears the crash involved a 737? So.. your claiming this crash was due to SJS? Thus making the 737 a shiny jet, correct?

Latest resources

Back