First airline pilot paycheck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aviatrix said:
So what about the paychecks you earned when you flight instructed, flew skydivers, hauled freight?!?! Were those not worthy too???

Or did you just skip over all that nonsense?!?!?

Smells like SJS to me!

Whatever....

Didi you read my post ?

I am talking about airline paycheck...not CFI, skydiver or else...
I have been a CFI before, Glider tow pilot, glider pilot, hot air balloon pilot and Corporate pilot as well on twin piston before what I do now...so, please! keep your SJS ******************** out of my thread
Thanks

Going2Baja said:
Did all of you not know to the penny what your pay checks were going to be before you signed on the W2 dotted line? This seems very foreign to me......

Baja.

Thats what I love about every regional pilots out there. You would think that they all came into this job knowing that they were flying for Delta 20 years ago. But no, every single one of us knew exactly what the pay was and exactly what the contract said.

Maybe only a few of us were bright enough to actually look into these things before we started. Or better yet, maybe too many people (the ones who talk about sjs) had sjs and didnt look into the details.

je....

I know you want happy and upbeat but sadly as a now bystander of the airline world, I must report that you are just about at the top of the first hill on the roller coaster.

You're thinking you've died and gone to pilot heaven.

In about six months you will look back and just shake your head. In two years, you'll be wondering how in the heck you could have messed up so bad. And after the first furlough, you'll wish your degree was in something else and that you hadn't got addicted to the view out the front of an airliner.

But let me return you to your moment of glory - yep, it felt really great. Someone is paying you to fly a jet powered aircraft. You survived all those classes and IOE. Your parents and friends are dazzled that they actually know someone who flies an airliner.

Enjoy it while you can.

All the way down this first big hill and up the next one is a sheer blast. But I remember riding a cheap little roller coaster at an old New Jersey amusement park. The first three or four dips and turns were fantastic - but at the end of the ride was this series of little bumps that pratically busted your a$$ and then the ride just flattened out and stopped at the station.

That is the best analogy I can make of my 7 year regional airline career.

Have a nice ride. Take pictures. Archive your emails. It really helps in not making the same mistake twice.

tarp said:
And after the first furlough, you'll wish your degree was in something else and that you hadn't got addicted to the view out the front of an airliner.

Hmm not true. Go cry in your soup somewhere else buddy. Let the guy have his moment.

jeroom said:
Whatever....

Didi you read my post ?

I am talking about airline paycheck...not CFI, skydiver or else...
I have been a CFI before, Glider tow pilot, glider pilot, hot air balloon pilot and Corporate pilot as well on twin piston before what I do now...so, please! keep your SJS ******************** out of my thread
Thanks

OK, and yes, I didi read your post! Your giddiness about such nominal amounts of compensation led to me to believe you were among the many low-time, academy geeks floating around here that we all get tired of listening to!

So you got a paycheck.......whoop-de-doo!!! There are pilot veterans out there right now who are losing their paychecks faster than you can stall a plane!!!! I can guarantee your little paycheck is much less than what should be compensated in this industry.............and continues to get worse and worse!!! Dont celebrate it, help us all in collectively bringing it back up!!! :beer:

Last edited:
Frame it like they do with the first $1 bill that you make. You probably won't miss not cashing it. LOL

Congrats!

If the people that whined and cried on this site put half as much energy into other things they could change their life. I'm so sick of the negativity here. I look at my friends who are working 50-60 hours a week at an entry level business position, make only slightly more than me, have little free time, and can't travel anywhere. Meanwhile I work 3 days a week and travel every single week I have days off. The other days I'm not traveling I'm working on my secondary income (investments). If you don't like your company or even this industry, LEAVE!!! Work on your investment portfolio, start a small business, get a new job, take online classes towards a masters, do something other than whine and complain and cry and complain and piss and moan like a little school-girl.

Now that I've vented, congrats on your first paycheck. I know it wasn't much but congrats and good luck on making more money.

Latest resources

Back